The Student Room Group
Norwich University of the Arts
Norwich

NUA Portfolio Breakdown Support Centre (or any uni really)

hi guys, I'm applying for Games Art & Design at NUA and I'm completely bricking it bc I have nowhere near the amount they want in my portfolio.
anyone else in the same boat want to cry with me? :biggrin:
Hey! I'm applying for Games Art & Design at NUA and I've experienced the exact same thing. Worse is that I'm doing a digital interview tomorrow with a digital portfolio and talking over Skype.

I have about 26 pieces I think... I'm scared it's too many for them to look at or too little to show potential. At least in an irl interview you'll be able to show the materials and depth of a piece, also have a personal sketchbook -which I don't have with me *gulp*- I'm feeling the pressure it's making me unerved.

I could send you my work example if you'd like? See how bad it is so you'll feel better?? :h: But alas... you're on you're own from there so don't be scared and make sure you have pieces that make sense to you and present potential that they want (i.e. life drawing, traditional, digital, etc.).
Norwich University of the Arts
Norwich
Reply 2
I really hope your interview went well!! Hopefully, if your interview was Tuesday, you'll have got a reply by now.
Original post by PeaTea
I really hope your interview went well!! Hopefully, if your interview was Tuesday, you'll have got a reply by now.

yeh! It did, I got a conditional offer for a merit on my foundation -which I'm predicted so yay!!!- and I think the interview went well. I might have been a little mumbly but I think my portfolio was okay.

Still, maybe theres room for improvement for my work and my etiquette when it comes to an interview. I'm excited and relieved that it was enough to show my potential for NUA. :h:
I got a conditional offer but only for the 4 Year RIP. Would love to compare portfolios though, gotta see what possible future roommates and stuff are working with aha
Original post by DanteDemonZ
I got a conditional offer but only for the 4 Year RIP. Would love to compare portfolios though, gotta see what possible future roommates and stuff are working with aha

Hehehe heres mine so far! currently asking some other people for feedback on it so feel free to add your opinion in there :h: I think it's good but it doesn't really have any focus. I'm so excited, let's compare :tongue:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/147003423@N07/sets/72157679421100665
Original post by HuckleSuckle
Hehehe heres mine so far! currently asking some other people for feedback on it so feel free to add your opinion in there :h: I think it's good but it doesn't really have any focus. I'm so excited, let's compare :tongue:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/147003423@N07/sets/72157679421100665

As a competitive fighting game player I love your Chun Li aha. And yeh 'light' and 'death head' are really cool!
Original post by DanteDemonZ
As a competitive fighting game player I love your Chun Li aha. And yeh 'light' and 'death head' are really cool!

thanks so much hehehe :biggrin: The chun Li was for a friend and I'm glad you like the others! I think it's good enough :u:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending