The Student Room Group

Barts and the London- 2017 Entry Applicants for Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pantego
I think you usually get the email first, track doesn't update straight away

Posted from TSR Mobile

so they send an email giving offers and not a track update?
Original post by Katray
I thought it was end of march?

im not sure , but last year they were given in the first week of march .
What came first last year. Offers or rejections?
Original post by gregorius1123
im not sure , but last year they were given in the first week of march .

Ohh! Thanks guys. Although I don't think I'm mentally prepared to find out in two weeks!!
Original post by 06moca1
What came first last year. Offers or rejections?

Offers started first then rejections a few days later
First week of March seems pretty fast though. I've got an interview on the last day of February!
Reply 1306
Original post by jaysinn
First week of March seems pretty fast though. I've got an interview on the last day of February!

If you don't mind me asking, are you a international student? As student reps said last day of interviews were on the 15th
Original post by Akz18
If you don't mind me asking, are you a international student? As student reps said last day of interviews were on the 15th

Yeap international! Oh so does that mean that RUK and international students receive offers/rejections in different batches? :K:
Reply 1308
Original post by jaysinn
Yeap international! Oh so does that mean that RUK and international students receive offers/rejections in different batches? :K:

Oh cool, sorry I'm not sure about that. Good luck for your interview :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey guys! I have my interview on the 28th...just have a small question...are we allowed to annotate the article they send us and take it with us to the interview room? or will we be given another copy over there? are we allowed to refer to any notes we make?
Original post by AspiringSword
Hey guys! I have my interview on the 28th...just have a small question...are we allowed to annotate the article they send us and take it with us to the interview room? or will we be given another copy over there? are we allowed to refer to any notes we make?

They have a copy if you want to refer to it but they just ask one question on it and the conversation continues from there, so you shouldnt need notes. I asked a student there if we need to take a copy in, they said you don't need to.

Hey, I asked about this at my interview and they said it wasn't allowed, kind of annoying but when you're in there you don't really need it
Hey guys for anyone wondering about how QM send out applications...

As a graduate, I applied for both the a100 and a101 courses.

I received an email first from UCAS saying there had been an update on track; then the QM email about a portal update occurring.

I am not sure whether this was because I was placed on the waiting list rather than a complete rejection.

Additionally, this may be exclusive to the a101 course.

:smile:
Hi guys. I am aware that we would be asked to speak our opinion on the article sent. My question is how much time is given to us? Or could we take our own time? How long did you guys take? Any awkward experiences in the interview??

Sorry for bombarding y'all with questions...just curious....and a bit nervous:colondollar::colondollar:
Hi guys. I am aware that we would be asked to speak our opinion on the article sent. My question is how much time is given to us? Or could we take our own time? How long did you guys take? Any awkward experiences in the interview??

Sorry for bombarding y'all with questions...just curious....and a bit nervous:colondollar::colondollar:

I know you mean well but we are all in competition with each other. There are some stuff you need to find out yourself.
Reply 1315
The interview is basically how they describe it in the A100 interview guide on mysis. It's an intellectual chat and from my experience it seemed like they really just want to get to know you. In regards to the article, just follow the instructions on the guidelines and they'll ask you your opinions on it and as it says on the guidelines their is no right or wrong answer..and other questions in regards to the article. Hope that helps, good luck!

Original post by Akz18
The interview is basically how they describe it in the A100 interview guide on mysis. It's an intellectual chat and from my experience it seemed like they really just want to get to know you. In regards to the article, just follow the instructions on the guidelines and they'll ask you your opinions on it and as it says on the guidelines their is no right or wrong answer..and other questions in regards to the article. Hope that helps, good luck!

Thank you so very much!
Original post by 06moca1
I know you mean well but we are all in competition with each other. There are some stuff you need to find out yourself.

Fair point.. But thanks anyways!
Reply 1318
Did any of you ask the interviewers their names?
They tell you their names before the interview begins

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending