The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Central Saint Martins - Foundation Diploma 2017/2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by privarte
I emailed CSM International admissions and they said they don't offer telephone interviews for foundation. So they'll email a decision soon when they've looked at your portfolio!

Really ?

so why they told me about giving a telephone interview ? :////
this sounds weird at all...
do you think they'll email us when all portfolios will be reviewed ?
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by leoncoil
Really ?

so why they told me about giving a telephone interview ? :////
this sounds weird at all...
do you think they'll email us when all portfolios will be reviewed ?

I think the confirmation email after we submitted our portfolio on PebblePad is a general email for all courses and that foundation doesn't have telephone interviews. They only told me that my portfolio will be assessed and then I would be emailed the decision. they also said there is a delay as there are many applications
I think the confirmation email after we submitted our portfolio on PebblePad is a general email for all courses and that foundation doesn't have telephone interviews. They only told me that my portfolio will be assessed and then I would be emailed the decision. they also said there is a delay as there are many applications

Oh ok :smile:

so have u uploaded yours ?

yes... in my case i've uploaded it almost 2 weeks ago and i haven't received any response yet...

maybe if they have to assess more than 100 portfolios a week it could take lot of time right ?

i'm quite anxious :frown:(
Reply 63
Original post by leoncoil
Oh ok :smile:

so have u uploaded yours ?

yes... in my case i've uploaded it almost 2 weeks ago and i haven't received any response yet...

maybe if they have to assess more than 100 portfolios a week it could take lot of time right ?

i'm quite anxious :frown:(

I uploaded mine 4 weeks ago
Reply 64
Original post by Dar1706
Really? I thought that UK applicants (Like me) would get the results on 31st March?

I'm in the UK too and I've heard the same... teachers from our sixth form visited CSM early in the year and they definitely don't do interviews, it's just the portfolio review unfortunately! They said they'd email by the end of March so we've probably still got a bit of a wait still tbh... try chill out, it might be a while yet:')
Are u joking ?! :frown:

omg i'm an impatient person too :frown:(((

i only hope they'll say s something before the deadline.. it's so much time to wait :frown:(((
Reply 66
While we're trying to cope with such a long wait... has anyone figured out ways of staying in London relatively cheaply for the foundation course?
Is it not possible to stay at the different housings that CSM offers? (sketch house etc...) or does that not apply for foundation students only BA and MA students?
Original post by Silversvedm
Is it not possible to stay at the different housings that CSM offers? (sketch house etc...) or does that not apply for foundation students only BA and MA students?

I know some of my friends don't stay in csm houses but they share an apartment or they stay in other halls..

there's no problem
Original post by oz41
While we're trying to cope with such a long wait... has anyone figured out ways of staying in London relatively cheaply for the foundation course?

I think the best way could be share an apartment with others students...

maybe you'll pay around 150-200 pounds a week for staying in a central zone..

i saw some hall which are not bad but all prices for staying around king's cross or maybe zone 1-2 ar around 200 pounds a week ( more or less )
Anyone applied for this course through the online application? If so, how long do they respond after submitting the application if I get an interview? I applied for the fashion & textiles pathway. The wait is killing me!

Does anyone know the acceptance rate for fashion & textiles?

If you applied what pathway did you choose?

:smile:

I just got a reply from UAL saying that they won't have an interview for the foundation applicants!!!! It's only the mini portfolio they look at! (I could only upload 10 pages)
On an open day I was told about 2000 apply to foundation and I think last year the course was about 544 people, so that's what, 4 in 10 people (according to what I noted down) I'm applying to fashion and textiles, my review is on Friday :s-smilie:
Oh!! Good luck! what do you mean by the review??
Ah they called it a portfolio review rather than an Interview, because I will just be dropping off my portfolio for a few hours :smile:
Do you have some portfolio link from person which had an offer from csm last year ?
Can't wait the end of march...
Original post by cestmoimatthias
Do you have some portfolio link from person which had an offer from csm last year ?
Can't wait the end of march...

Two years ago one girl added a portfolio link here, she got a conditional offer :smile:
https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/131321531@N06/
oh ... feel like won't get it when i see her work !
Original post by cestmoimatthias
oh ... feel like won't get it when i see her work !

Don't worry too much! We just have to wait for the results :smile:
Has anyone got an actual portfolio review at csm not an online one?
Original post by Dar1706
Really? I thought that UK applicants (Like me) would get the results on 31st March?

sorry I meant that I hadn't been given a portfolio review and other people had but they just emailed me a few days late my friend had an interview this week and is waiting to hear back now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending