Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Fast track June 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by bgnetf
Hi all,

I also had my 'interview' on the 25th Jan and was offered the place 2 days later. I wouldn't even call it an interview to be honest. You have a 30 minute presentation to everyone (regardless of subject) about the course, then an english test which just checks your ability to get information from text and also how you write your own opinion. Then you get split into your subjects and go with a lecturer from your subject. For mine (business), we went to the business building and had a group discussion (about 6 of us) regarding the course, then we were asked questions like what will you bring to the course, why have you chosen the course etc. Its nothing to worry about.

Once accepted you get a link to a pre-course information website which is regularly updated and gives all the info you need. I myself am from the south west so will need accommodation and this is available to all students if needed. There is also the opportunity for funding of accommodation if you qualify which is good. On that note, has anyone who has been accepted been able to access the funding application form yet? It was meant to be uploaded on Monday and hasn't yet.

Hiya Bgnetf
Congrats on your placement..
I got a placement to in June 2017👍
Funding application form for what??

Kim
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 21
Hiya guys

Are you all ready for your interview next week?
Good luck!
Be yourself!

Let us know how you all get on.
Have a lovely weekend

Kim
Reply 22
Hi Kim

I was referring to the funding application form for getting financial assistance with child support, hall fees or travel costs. It's been uploaded now anyway!
Reply 23
Original post by bgnetf
Hi Kim

I was referring to the funding application form for getting financial assistance with child support, hall fees or travel costs. It's been uploaded now anyway!

Hiya okay cool.

Glad you got it.
I can't wait to start👍

Kim
Massive thanks to everyone's advise for the interview. Was a big help! Had my interview yesterday and was accepted! 😁😁
Reply 25
Original post by Sarah7mac
Massive thanks to everyone's advise for the interview. Was a big help! Had my interview yesterday and was accepted! 😁😁

Hiya
Congrats🎉
When did you find out??
How did you get on with it all?
And your assessment?

Kim
Original post by Kim82!
Hiya
Congrats🎉
When did you find out??
How did you get on with it all?
And your assessment?

Kim

Thanks!!! I am so happy haha.
Thanks again for the support for my interview.
I thought the assessment went ok, I was nervous because I've not wrote essay answers in a long time haha
I had a one to one with geography staff, and the women was loverly. She made me feel less nervous. I'm glad she took my interview.

I just can't wait to start now! Haha
Reply 27
Thanks!!! I am so happy haha.
Thanks again for the support for my interview.
I thought the assessment went ok, I was nervous because I've not wrote essay answers in a long time haha
I had a one to one with geography staff, and the women was loverly. She made me feel less nervous. I'm glad she took my interview.

I just can't wait to start now! Haha

Well done!!
I can't wait to start.
Kim
Reply 28
Accommodation application becomes available to us tomorrow btw guys
Reply 29
Original post by bgnetf

Hiya bgnetf

Thanks for letting us know👍👍
Reply 30
Original post by EvaGraceK
Hi everyone, my interview is next week, just wondering if anyone has enquired about accommodation during the 7 weeks? I live a couple of hours away so commuting wouldn't be practical. Do they have anything in place? Thanks.

EvaGraceK
How did you get on with your interview?

Kim
Original post by bgnetf

Have you managed to access it yet?
Reply 32

Goodmorning
No not yet to be honest.

Kim
Original post by Kim82!
Goodmorning
No not yet to be honest.

Kim

You applying for accommodation too?

Called them said should be able to log on Monday. :smile:
Reply 34
You applying for accommodation too?

Called them said should be able to log on Monday. :smile:

Hiya Sarah7mac
No I'm not I only live 15 min drive away.
I have done my application for student finance so glad I sorted that out👍
Have you done yours yet?

Kim
Original post by Kim82!
Hiya Sarah7mac
No I'm not I only live 15 min drive away.
I have done my application for student finance so glad I sorted that out👍
Have you done yours yet?

Kim

Aww ok just with you answering before thought you might be
Yeah, that's sorted. And approved
Reply 36
Aww ok just with you answering before thought you might be
Yeah, that's sorted. And approved

Hiya Sarah7mac
Was keep eye on it for a mate lol
Have you done your student finance yet?

Kim
Original post by Kim82!
Hiya Sarah7mac
Was keep eye on it for a mate lol
Have you done your student finance yet?

Kim

Yes, my student finance has been submitted & approved :smile:
Reply 38

Hi Sarah no I haven't, I contacted them last week and they said it will work today but just tried to log in and still not working. I'll leave it a couple hours and if it doesn't let me log in I'll contact them again.

A couple of you have said you've done the finance? I thought you couldn't submit until May?
Reply 39
Original post by bgnetf
Hi Sarah no I haven't, I contacted them last week and they said it will work today but just tried to log in and still not working. I'll leave it a couple hours and if it doesn't let me log in I'll contact them again.

A couple of you have said you've done the finance? I thought you couldn't submit until May?

Hiya bgnetf
You have until 31 may to submit you application for finances and up till 9 months after you start your course.( if I have read it right on there website)
And I have done mine just with the though the sooner I have done it the sooner it is all sorted!

Kim

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending