The Student Room Group

Is it too late to change??

I am near the end of year 12 (last term) and want to desperately drop physics. I asked my teacher before the mocks and she said it was too late. I then said I was worried as I may get a U in the mock she discarded what I said. I got a U in the mock even after revising for unhealthy amounts. I don't want to do physics anymore, I feel like crying it is affecting my other grades since I spent too long. How can I convince her?
I will literally take any subject over physics
(edited 1 year ago)
I've heard of loads of people dropping a subject and taking on a subject like Business which the 2 year course can be taught in a year and still get you average grades. I suggest talking to your form tutor or your department head. Your physics teacher is probably more worried of her stats looking bad if you drop out but your form tutor and department head are usually more concerned about your well being. Definitely talk to other staff members about this (esp those higher in power than your physics teacher).
Alright thank you, I will try and let u know how it goes
(Original post by Babysweets^^)Alright thank you, I will try and let u know how it goes

what other subjects are you taking. Dropping Physics isnt a problem. The problem is that you need 3 A levels to enter nearly every university and trying to fast track a different A level in 1 year alongside your other ones will prove very difficult. It really is too late to do that.
Original post by swanseajack1
(Original post by Babysweets^^)Alright thank you, I will try and let u know how it goes

what other subjects are you taking. Dropping Physics isnt a problem. The problem is that you need 3 A levels to enter nearly every university and trying to fast track a different A level in 1 year alongside your other ones will prove very difficult. It really is too late to do that.

it just depends what subject you decide to pick up, business is usually the only subject my school would let someone fast track. The people I know who have fast tracked arent doing badly either, they would likely get higher grades than in the subject they dropped

I was taking biology and chemistry understand both of them getting enough to get about an A in both in September. Just physics I made no progress in whatsoever.
Original post by Babysweets^^
I was taking biology and chemistry understand both of them getting enough to get about an A in both in September. Just physics I made no progress in whatsoever.

Is it possible to repeat year 12 and start a new A level? It's not an uncommon thing to do.
Original post by normaw
Is it possible to repeat year 12 and start a new A level? It's not an uncommon thing to do.

This is likely to be far better than trying to fast track an A level with 2 others.
It’s never too late to change. Just remember that as long as you’re true to yourself and you will be in your true self in your never wrong. I didn’t read your post I just wanted to say that
This is likely to be far better than trying to fast track an A level with 2 others.

Yeah I might have to consider, because I don't know what I am doing wrong but I am unable to remotely understand a physics paper
I am near the end of year 12 (last term) and want to desperately drop physics. I asked my teacher before the mocks and she said it was too late. I then said I was worried as I may get a U in the mock she discarded what I said. I got a U in the mock even after revising for unhealthy amounts. I don't want to do physics anymore, I feel like crying it is affecting my other grades since I spent too long. How can I convince her?
I will literally take any subject over physics

Heya!
I recommend talking to your teacher while having your parents present in the room (it always seems to work!) and explaining your situation properly :h: Perhaps ask if it would be possible to restart year 12 with new subjects?

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
I recommend talking to your teacher while having your parents present in the room (it always seems to work!) and explaining your situation properly :h: Perhaps ask if it would be possible to restart year 12 with new subjects?

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Thank you for the suggestion, I would like to preferably not resit year 12 but I may have to at this rate.
Thank you for the suggestion, I would like to preferably not resit year 12 but I may have to at this rate.

Hi! What did you end up deciding to do in the end? I’m in a similar situation, where I really dislike one of my subjects :/

Quick Reply

Latest