The Student Room Group

Girls which CAREER is hottest?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Biryani007
Dentist :fan:

Sellouts who convince themselves that they made a conscious choice not to become a doctor and instead look at teeth for a living.

Sexy
Reply 141
Engineer or Software related aren't even given a pity mention........
Original post by Shootme
Engineer or Software related aren't even given a pity mention........

I think these only become sexy when 'technology entrepreneur' which is really another way of saying 'business owner' and has nothing to do with the technology itself. Convince me that coding is sexy
Reply 143
Original post by Athematica
I think these only become sexy when 'technology entrepreneur' which is really another way of saying 'business owner' and has nothing to do with the technology itself. Convince me that coding is sexy

Convince me investing someone's blood soaked drug money is mutual funds is sexy.
Original post by Shootme
Convince me investing someone's blood soaked drug money is mutual funds is sexy.

You had me at blood :wink:
Reply 145
You had me at blood :wink:

You treat it as a joke but it's what they do consistently among other illegal ****.
Roadman
Sexy careers seem to have high stakes.

With finance, it's the risk involved in the investment of millions or billions of dollars and, in some's views, the 'dirty' money alluded to above.
In medicine, it's somebody's life in their hands.
A lawyer theoretically would also have somebody's life in their hands, risking prison if not advocating well for a client.

Probably we have Doctor ---> Lawyer ---> IB here. Even though most doctors and lawyers are not dealing in high stakes environments, there is a seriousness to what Drs do always, in that it 'actually' matters, and some lawyers have this too.

The moral nature of each job then seems to be another axis that others will vary on how highly they score. This is more readily related to social status.
Doctor ---> Lawyer ---> IB, in general, on that axis.

Then there is a power/wealth axis.
IB ---> Lawyer ---> Doctor In the UK, Drs do not earn much at all really.

So probably if we're going for mass appeal then Dr ---> Lawyer ---> Banker
But some girls will be attracted to and give one axis more weight than another
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Shootme
You treat it as a joke but it's what they do consistently among other illegal ****.

So do drug dealers. That's hot
Signalling. Sociologists spend a lot of time studying symbols of social status, capital and culture, prestige, etc. What somebody does for a living, assuming they don't just do it for money (which says something about that person), ought to say something about that person and their values.

That'd make a career attractive rather than hot, since hot = sexually appealing.
Reply 150
None.

Fight against ISIS and do something worthwhile
Original post by WoodyMKC
That'd make a career attractive rather than hot, since hot = sexually appealing.

People are sexually attracted to that which signals those things, ie. power and status.
Greggs Worker (no specific reason...)
Lol when you say roadman do you mean the slang term or someone who's job is actually associated with roads?
Original post by Maryjayne2017
Lol when you say roadman do you mean the slang term or someone who's job is actually associated with roads?

This is Dave, the local road man

Sorry but I think its pretty stupid to choose a career just for the sake of having it impress a woman in the future.

A hot career is a career that a man chose himself and is passionate about and unashamed of

Like male nurses, they get a lot of slack for it but they don't care and continue saving lives and that is pretty hot
(edited 7 years ago)
LOL @ this being on today on tsr when one of the options is Roadman :rofl:
Original post by Cherub012
Greggs Worker (no specific reason...)

You love Greggs cream pies?

Oh.
Original post by trapking
You love Greggs cream pies?

Oh.

Rep for you. :rofl:
Punter

You can literally see her getting wet when she sees how far and high he can punt.

Quick Reply

Latest