The Student Room Group

Bandwagon Leicester Thread I

Scroll to see replies

Vardy is a dick, I'm sure not many actually doubt that.

Either way the initial point is correct that Barkley's tackle was worse than Vardy's. It's going to be a more physical game in a derby but when a leg breaker happens it's the risk that Barkley should be facing the consequences for. Vardy was unfortunate as I've seen them given as yellows before. It was a bad tackle but it's inconclusive whether it's ban worthy when I saw it a few times.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Clubs put Vardy masks on every seat as protest. I enjoyed vichai casually laying into the FA on Instagram in the week but this crosses that thin line between banter and looking like a ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile
you may have lost but you'll still stay up. Koeman is a top 7 manager after all
Was at the match today, gray and chilwell played really well, but the others looked like they had no other plan but to launch all balls to slimani, who was poor tbh. He was dominated tbh and there were often no options on other than launching the ball forward aimlessly and the pass completion for both teams were quite poor tbh in periods.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Clubs put Vardy masks on every seat as protest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What clubs were they other than Leicester?
Torn watching this. Delighted at the performance but also slightly angry that they seem to have just turned it on now Ranieri is gone...
We'll ruin the coefficient they said...

Hope we get Atletico Madrid. Cheated out by them and blatant match-fixing in 1997. Time for revenge.
Enjoyed the game. Wasteful at the end but fortunately it didn't cost them.
One of the best games I have been to in Leicester, fantastic atmosphere by both fans. Just amazing, can't express how good this match was.
I think Man city could be beaten, however revenge For Athletico Madrid in 1997 would be just. How we didn't get multiple penalties in that match and a ridiculous red card
Reply 649
Always rated them Leicester lads.
Tonight was classic Leicester. Soak up pressure and hit opposing team on the break. I could see the game panning out exactly how it did within about 2 minutes. I was hoping Leicester didn't get a goal too early cause it would have caused Sevilla to open up more and I don't know if Leicester would have withstood 35-40 mins of constant pressure. Got lucky with the penalty save but was an incredible European performance tonight. Fully deserved win.
Are you watching, Arsene Wenger? Last time you reached Leicester heights, they were in League One.

Vardy gamesmanship on point as usual. It's only disgusting if he's not English.
(edited 7 years ago)
^ Arsenal doesn't even warrant discussion here. Let Leicester have their moment even if it turns out to be like Wales' Euro 2016 run
Original post by ozzyoscy
Are you watching, Arsene Wenger? Last time you reached Leicester heights, they were in League One.

Vardy gamesmanship on point as usual. It's only disgusting if he's not English.

But let's just casually ignore that relegation battle..
Original post by Zerforax

Absolutely. Better to do a Leicester than a decade of Arsenals. They aimed to be the best and did it. Gawd bless them.
Original post by Zerforax

I'd rather have highs & lows than consistent mediocrity with very little to show for it.
Original post by sr90
I'd rather have highs & lows than consistent mediocrity with very little to show for it.

16/17 - Relegation battle and CL quarters
15/16 - 5000/1 champions
14/15 - Great escape
13/14 - Romping to the championship
12/13 - Play-offs with the last kick of the last game, out with the last kick of the semi

I'd not mind a season with no highs or lows after our last 5 seasons.
You'll want Monaco next, they just handed Guardiola his worst European campaign :colone:
Original post by ozzyoscy
Absolutely. Better to do a Leicester than a decade of Arsenals. They aimed to be the best and did it. Gawd bless them.

Only if you're a casual fan. I'd imagine it's pretty painful for a long time otherwise.

Original post by sr90

Consistently finishing top 4, CL R16 and a few domestic trophies is hardly mediocrity. That would be finishing say 7th to 14th every season like most mid-table sides.

Quick Reply

Latest