The Student Room Group

Warwick MSc Intl Business VS. UCL MSc Management VS. Imperial Economics + Strategy

Hi everyone,

I applied to the Economics and Strategy MSc at Imperial in January as my only choice for a Msc, and was subsequently put on the waiting list in February. As I was banking on Imperial, I quickly applied to UCL, CASS, and Warwick in a panic. As you can see I'm desperate to get to London haha.

As of now I currently have an offer for CASS and Warwick and am still waiting on UCL. After research I have deduced that I would prefer Warwick over CASS, even though my initial aim was to live in London next year.

The reason being was that Warwick have offered me a £14,000 scholarship, and for this it is a no-brainer to attend Warwick over CASS.

My question is, should I get accepted into UCL, or Imperial (Waiting List), could it be worth it to abandon my scholarship to Warwick? Would the added prestige of Imperial/UCL be worth £14,000??

Thanks for any replies!
Original post by Squ3d

Prestige doesn't mean much so please don't go by that. Employers are more concerned with what you studied, what your grades were and what work experience you have. Go through each course with a fine toothed comb and work out which one interests you most. Also look at where grads have ended up and what other opportunities the courses offer you. Finance is also an important consideration and will look good on your CV.
Would you mind sharing the info of the scholarship? I'm holding an offer for the International Business at Warwick too. The fee is insane so I want to try getting some sort of funding (I'm an International student).
Reply 3
Hi Squ3d,

I did my MSc in Management at UCL in 2015 and loved it and the London experience! However, given your scholarship at Warwick, I would go for it. It has a very high reputation for economics and its business school also has a campus in London. All depends on the exact MSc programmes you are comparing though (ie. if they are similar and comparable or quite different in nature, particular faculty you would like to work with, etc.).

Cass business school is great, as are Imperial and my beloved UCL but the added prestige of the latter two is not necessarily worth the money (unless this is exactly what you are looking for, I wanted to experience studying at an elite university of the G5 group at the time). The degree is for a lifetime, but what you make of it is entirely up to you. The scholarship you got at Warwick might be a sign for you unless you apply to and would get scholarships at the others too.

Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by Squ3d
Hi everyone,

I applied to the Economics and Strategy MSc at Imperial in January as my only choice for a Msc, and was subsequently put on the waiting list in February. As I was banking on Imperial, I quickly applied to UCL, CASS, and Warwick in a panic. As you can see I'm desperate to get to London haha.

As of now I currently have an offer for CASS and Warwick and am still waiting on UCL. After research I have deduced that I would prefer Warwick over CASS, even though my initial aim was to live in London next year.

The reason being was that Warwick have offered me a £14,000 scholarship, and for this it is a no-brainer to attend Warwick over CASS.

My question is, should I get accepted into UCL, or Imperial (Waiting List), could it be worth it to abandon my scholarship to Warwick? Would the added prestige of Imperial/UCL be worth £14,000??

Thanks for any replies!

For business related subjects warwick is actually more prestigious than ucl. And very close to imperial. If you really (really!) want London go ICL or UCL. But remeber london is very expensive. But i suggest since you have the warwick scholarship go there.
(edited 6 years ago)
Whichever is cheapest so, Warwick I guess

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending