The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Central Saint Martins - Foundation Diploma 2017/2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dar1706
I'm quite a nervous person so the CSM review was kind of a relief for me.

Ah ok, that's understandable.
I'm sure you'll be fine tho - in the end they really want to see ur art so I'm sure it'll go well
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by Dar1706
Why didn't you apply to Ravensbourne?

Ah it's so stupid but I got bored of applying to loads of places and because of that I think it slipped my mind. People seem to like it though and I don't think the deadline has passed so I might get round to it...
Have u heard from ur local college if you've got in or not?
Original post by Dar1706
I think that you should apply-Just to be on the safe side. I attended my local colleges interview a couple days after CSM and I got a conditional offer. HOWEVER, I don't want to go there. I just applied for the sake of applying.

Congrats! I did the same with some local ones to me too n got places. One of them I really don't want to go to but I got an unconditional from the other and I think I'd be happy going there if csm doesn't work out... still would prefer csm tho obvs
I probably should apply to ravensbourne tho, just in case
Original post by Dar1706
Congratulations to you too! I was a bit mad though, because she didn't give a an unconditional because of my attendance but I told her that I had a valid reason. My attendance isn't bad though. Oh Well.

Ah that sucks! Is it dependent on grades then?
Original post by Dar1706
By the way, applications at Ravensbourne close on the 31st.

Thank you!
Has anyone else here applied to Kingston?
Original post by neutraltones
Has anyone else here applied to Kingston?

I haven't but if the deadlines r still open I might. Is it good?
Original post by Dar1706
Yes! I just have to pass all of my courses.

That's what I got for the working men's college!
Is csm conditional?
Original post by ninasophia99
I haven't but if the deadlines r still open I might. Is it good?

The deadlines passed a while ago unfortunately, it looks really good though!!
Original post by Dar1706
I was going to apply for the Working Men's College but I didn't. CSM is more than likely conditional.

Mmm I guess it'll be passes only tho... I feel like they'll definitely care more about the actual art rather than grades
How come u didn't apply to wmc?
Original post by neutraltones
The deadlines passed a while ago unfortunately, it looks really good though!!

Ah that's a shame! Good luck tho!
Original post by Dar1706
Yeah definitely, I don't really know, the name kinda put me off :/ lol

That's completely fair enough. I didn't really like them cuz they're an adult ed place meaning I'd be the youngest there :// plus the facilities Weren't great
i don't think they'll reply us before the 31st cuz last year the deadline wasn't the same of this year but before
Original post by Dar1706
So... when do you think that they'll reply?

i think between Thursday and Friday

unfortunately because I also want know the result soon
Original post by Dar1706
Yeah you could be right! Oh well, it's only in a couple of days.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes it is hah
Original post by Dar1706
Yeah you could be right! Oh well, it's only in a couple of days.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fully tired of checking my emails 24/7 tho but at least it's not by post cuz it could get lost or seomthknf
CSM are sending out Foundation application results on the 12th of April - I called them and that's the date I was given.
Original post by username38090
CSM are sending out Foundation application results on the 12th of April - I called them and that's the date I was given.

Whaaattttt well damn but thank u
Original post by Dar1706
Really!? I went to an interview at Ravensbourne and a girl who did a course at CSM for foundation said that they'll email us on Friday. ALSO CSM did say to us that we should email them if we didn't get our results by the 31st.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did ur interview go??
And I thought it'd be by the 31st tbh cuz that's what they said... but idk
Either way, not tooooo long now 😭
Original post by Dar1706
It actually fine. It was really short though. It has to be by the 31st because they told us so. Also if they don't, A LOT of students would contact them for their results because CSM was unable to email them on time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I'm glad!
And yh I agree tbh I doubt they'd leave it til later than then because thousands of people applied and presumably the majority would phone/ email in :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending