The Student Room Group

BT apprenticeship scheme 2017

Scroll to see replies

Hi has anyone been on the BT assessment centre. What are they expecting
Hello I'm in the situational strength test, can anyone say if is too hard? English is not my first language and I'm a little bit concerned
Original post by Harajuku1
Hello I'm in the situational strength test, can anyone say if is too hard? English is not my first language and I'm a little bit concerned

Not too difficult, they just want to see how you will approach certain situations that you may experience during your apprenticeship.

Not too sure what to say in terms of the language, because as far as I know it can only be taken in English. You could always ask before you complete your test? I don't know.

Goodluck anyway!
Original post by itzconnorx
Not too difficult, they just want to see how you will approach certain situations that you may experience during your apprenticeship.

Not too sure what to say in terms of the language, because as far as I know it can only be taken in English. You could always ask before you complete your test? I don't know.

Goodluck anyway!

Thank you for your response! I did some practice tests online and looks quite tricky but probably should be easier once that is an apprenticeship. Will do it tomorrow.

Thank you
Reply 124
Anyone heard anything?
Original post by AJD16
Anyone heard anything?

Got an email yesterday explaining they haven't forgotten about me they will update me in 2 weeks. I think it's a long process and just a waiting game!
Reply 126
Had my assessment centre on the 12th they said they will get back to me within a week if I've got it or not. Good to luck to those who've done one or are going to one!
Reply 127
Original post by CG5939
Had my assessment centre on the 12th they said they will get back to me within a week if I've got it or not. Good to luck to those who've done one or are going to one!

What did you have to do?
Reply 128
Original post by AJD16
What did you have to do?

A group excercise, an interview and the power of communication discussion task.
Hi has anyone been to the BT apprentice assessment day. Whats the interview like. What can I expect
Reply 130
Original post by kiransoor
Hi has anyone been to the BT apprentice assessment day. Whats the interview like. What can I expect

General interview questions, e.g asking about experiences with teamwork and giving examples of situations you've had. Lasted around half hour for me
Original post by WaqarAliShabir
TSO IT NETWORKS - MANCHESTER

So unhappy I wasn't successful. Hope a vacancy becomes available in sha Allah.

Hi sorry u did not get role. I am applying for the Advanced Network role. Can you please tell me about the assessment day. Possible interview questions asked. Did they ask any technical questions on networking. Any help will be useful. Really appreciate this
Hi has anyone been on the BT assessment day. I applied for advanced TSO network engineer, What questions were asked, Did they ask any tech questions. Just want be prepared .
Any help will be appreciated
Original post by AJD16
What did you have to do?

Hi I have assessment centre interview . What type of questions do they ask. I am going for advanced tso network enginer. Do they ask tech questions. I am really nervous.

Any help on the assessment day will be good and questions asked

Thanks
Original post by adampage29
I have applied again this year (cyber security) I have my assessment centre on 18th April. There is no specific order in which they do the tasks in. Last year they just had an assessor come in and they call your name/s out to do one of the particular tasks. There wasn't a reasoning assessment last year so not too sure what that is. The presentation I did last year was just done in front of two assessors. There was 8 in my assessment and I know at least three from my assessment were offered a job.

Hi I have assessment day. I applied for advanced TSO network engineer. If u can please assist with what happens on the day and questions asked. Did they ask tech questions . Any help will be much appreciated
Original post by CG5939

Hi I have assessment day next week. I applied for advanced TSO network engineer. If u can please assist with what happens on the day and interview questions asked. Did they ask any technical questions . Any help will be much appreciated. I also have task for communication. What are they expecting and how complicated and big is this to be.

do they ask many questions on BT technology

Any information will be very much appreciated. Thank you
Reply 136
Hi I have assessment day next week. I applied for advanced TSO network engineer. If u can please assist with what happens on the day and interview questions asked. Did they ask any technical questions . Any help will be much appreciated. I also have task for communication. What are they expecting and how complicated and big is this to be.

do they ask many questions on BT technology

Any information will be very much appreciated. Thank you

I applied for a different role to you so I'm not sure if they will ask different questions but they will ask you standard interview questions for the most part, I wasn't personally asked any technical questions. The communication task is where you talk about the power of commucantion brief that they provided you..as for what they are expecting I've got no idea but just try your best and take part in the group task as much as you can. Good luck.
Original post by itzconnorx
Hey JamieGriffin1589,

My job page says the same also. I also have some experience in coding, but I wouldn't call myself an expert either. I have a similar education background to you, I completed sixth form last year and have three A-Levels. Although, I have these, the grades I achieved wasn't as high as I hoped and was targeted. What I'm doing currently is an apprenticeship which I started last August. To cut a long story short, I don't feel like I'm progressing as much as I thought I would, I was supposed to be getting on with Web Dev project alongside with internal stuff for the company, but what I've been doing mainly is internal stuff. In the six months, I've been here, I've been given one web dev project and told my manager countless times about how I feel and that I want more projects. This is the reason why I'm deciding to find another apprenticeship elsewhere.

In terms of BT last year, I know they take a long time to get back to you with an invite to an assessment day, I got an email yesterday saying they'll get back to me in two weeks. When you get the invite it should be somebody from BT recruitment team. In the invite, it will explain everything that will happen throughout the day. Last year, they asked me to prepare a presentation on "Find something in the world that can be made better by using the power of communication", you get a sheet on this, so you know what you need to address etc. Then you participate in a group activity, I can't remember exactly, but we had to discuss about BT hotspots on trains and in public spaces and the benefits to a BT consumer. Then you have your 1 to 1 interview with an assessor, which I found most difficult, because the questions they asked you, some were the usual questions you would expect, but some were something you can't really prepare a solid answer for, so it was like you had to quickly come up with something good to say and I think that's what they are looking for, somebody who can think on their feet fast. Then, you deliver your presentation to an assessor and then they ask you questions at the end about it.

Anymore questions, I'll be happy to answer them!

and Good Luck to you too!

HI really helpful. Regarding the 1-1 interview do u remember what questions they asked. I am applying for the TSO network , Do they ask any tech questions. What were the questions around
Hi I have assessment day. I applied for advanced TSO network engineer. If u can please assist with what happens on the day and questions asked. Did they ask tech questions . Any help will be much appreciated

Hi how was the assessment you had today

Hi I have assessment day. I applied for advanced TSO network engineer. If u can please assist with what happens on the day and interview questions asked. Did they ask tech questions . Any help will be much appreciated
Reply 139
Hi how was the assessment you had today

Hi I have assessment day. I applied for advanced TSO network engineer. If u can please assist with what happens on the day and interview questions asked. Did they ask tech questions . Any help will be much appreciated

Can you please stop with spamming the thread!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending