The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Human Biology May 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Greenapplepear
Hi!!! My mocks were quite good, I got 1 A* 5As 3Bs, 5s in english and 9 in maths. Ikr, I'm actually quite glad we don't have coursework for the sciences lol.

That's great! Well done. I'm having my final paper today. True. I just really wish we didn't have two papers for each subject. Is it just me or is paper 2 harder?
Original post by slightly_edited
That's great! Well done. I'm having my final paper today. True. I just really wish we didn't have two papers for each subject. Is it just me or is paper 2 harder?

OMG!! yeah i find paper 2 so much harder because i think paper 2 is more essay and applied based whereas paper 1 is more fact recall
OMG!! yeah i find paper 2 so much harder because i think paper 2 is more essay and applied based whereas paper 1 is more fact recall

Will we be victims of the 1-9 marking system? I'm starting to think that it will be worse. Unless edexcel plans on giving me a 7.5? :smile:
Will we be victims of the 1-9 marking system? I'm starting to think that it will be worse. Unless edexcel plans on giving me a 7.5? :smile:

I think that we will still get a grade from A*-G

The new spec came out last year, I think with new exams next June so frankly we're quite lucky :biggrin:. Although the grade boundaries are usually higher than normal sciences.
(edited 7 years ago)
I think that we will still get a grade from A*-G

The new spec came out last year, I think with new exams next June so frankly we're quite lucky :biggrin:. Although the grade boundaries are usually higher than normal sciences.

Well thank god. Where are you from if you do igcse? Even worse....schools have realized that as soon as the paper finishes in foreign countries, us obedient, well mannered children call them up to ask for hints.:colone: Time tables are adjusted..
Well thank god. Where are you from if you do igcse? Even worse....schools have realized that as soon as the paper finishes in foreign countries, us obedient, well mannered children call them up to ask for hints.:colone: Time tables are adjusted..

I live in the UK, wbu? And yeah that's so true :biggrin::biggrin:, they probs think we have contacts all over the world just to cheat for exams
I live in the UK, wbu? And yeah that's so true :biggrin::biggrin:, they probs think we have contacts all over the world just to cheat for exams

This may seems stupid but why are you doing igcse instead of gcse. Isn't igcse for foreign countries? IKR :bigsmile:
This may seems stupid but why are you doing igcse instead of gcse. Isn't igcse for foreign countries? IKR :bigsmile:

My school used to do Cambridge IGCSE which was so much harder but now they've changed it to edexcel IGCSE which is so much easier especially the content is less. My school just do IGCSE to give us a challenge i think. :biggrin:
My school used to do Cambridge IGCSE which was so much harder but now they've changed it to edexcel IGCSE which is so much easier especially the content is less. My school just do IGCSE to give us a challenge i think. :biggrin:

Apparently cambride A levels are much easier than the edexcel ones. My future is looking ...pretty bleak. The A level maths paper looks like an eng lit paper.
Apparently cambride A levels are much easier than the edexcel ones. My future is looking ...pretty bleak. The A level maths paper looks like an eng lit paper.

LOL i'm taking edexcel a level maths and further maths but we've got the new a levels as well!!!!!!!!!! :frown:
Reply 30
Hi,

Does anyone know what the grade boundaries are for the May exams? I am freaking out about how much I need to remember but I would be happy with a c. I am studying this with ICS, who haven't been very supportive so would appreciate knowing what grade I get when I do the practice papers!

Thanks guys x
Original post by Ellytur
Hi,

Does anyone know what the grade boundaries are for the May exams? I am freaking out about how much I need to remember but I would be happy with a c. I am studying this with ICS, who haven't been very supportive so would appreciate knowing what grade I get when I do the practice papers!

Thanks guys x

Hi Ellytur,

The grade boundaries vary each year so it's hard to predict. However, the average mark for a C is 95 over the past 6 years although last year's C was 91 marks

average over the past 6 years:
A* - 148
A - 136
B - 112
C - 95

June 2016
A* - 150
A - 130
B - 110
C - 91

June 2015
A* - 149
A - 130
B - 111
C - 92

June 2014
A* - 148
A - 130
B - 112
C - 94

June 2013
A* - 142
A - 124
B - 106
C - 89

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 32
That is great thank you xx
Original post by Ellytur
That is great thank you xx

Np, Good luck and don't forget the revision guide

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4w...lwRi04NkE/view

:smile:
What are the subject you take? The grade boundaries are set after paper correction.
What are the subject you take? The grade boundaries are set after paper correction.

I take:

Chemistry
Biology
Physics
Maths
Further Maths
English Lang
Lit
Human Bio
French
Geography
Music
RS

U?
Actually tbh, my school h.bio lessons were messed up due to our teacher because she teaches bio and h.bio. so sometimes she gives notes in h.bio in the bio book and it is really confusing. I got good marks for the mocks too. Thanks for the revision guide
I take:

Chemistry
Biology
Physics
Maths
Further Maths
English Lang
Lit
Human Bio
French
Geography
Music
RS

U?

hbio
Bio
chem
physics
maths
english
ict
psychology
business communication and small business
french
Geography

We dont have music as a subject and what is RS?
Original post by Amandipeiris
Actually tbh, my school h.bio lessons were messed up due to our teacher because she teaches bio and h.bio. so sometimes she gives notes in h.bio in the bio book and it is really confusing. I got good marks for the mocks too. Thanks for the revision guide

It really doesn't hurt to write everything in one book. Eventually at the O/ls you can mix and match and write answers for either based on what you have studied in both books. I've been doing that for three years now. But then again our teacher is super good! Good luck for your exams.
Reply 39
Hey :smile:

I am taking Human Biology this May. 10th and 12th too. Anyone by chance sitting the exams in Birmingham? I am so so nervous !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending