The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream- Summer Diversity Internship 2017

Scroll to see replies

What did you guys say when you were asked if you were interested in those four areas?
Original post by asdfgqwe
I had my interview on the 14th and haven't heard anything. Not a great feeling! How did you think your interview went?

It went okay. She focused a lot on why I had applied and what I hoped to gain which in all honesty I hadn't really prepared for plus I felt that I repeated myself a few times. So nervous now especially since people are already hearing back!
Original post by ivy73638
What did you guys say when you were asked if you were interested in those four areas?

They suggest you say you're either "very interested" or "not interested" and they also ask if you have any relevant experience but this isn't necessary. As I don't really have a science or economics background I told them I wasn't interested in those two areas. For the communications and marketing department I said I was interested because of my psychology background and I wanted to pursue a business career. I have experience with social media and handling large data sets (also because of my degree) so I expressed interest in the information technology area. You don't have to have existing skills/experience though, if you are interested say so and it just means they know who actually wants to work in these areas so everyone gets the place they want.
What even was my interview? :lol: Only took 40 minutes
Reply 284
Original post by Airmed
What even was my interview? :lol: Only took 40 minutes

Just had mine too! How did it go?
Original post by beaverhausen
They suggest you say you're either "very interested" or "not interested" and they also ask if you have any relevant experience but this isn't necessary. As I don't really have a science or economics background I told them I wasn't interested in those two areas. For the communications and marketing department I said I was interested because of my psychology background and I wanted to pursue a business career. I have experience with social media and handling large data sets (also because of my degree) so I expressed interest in the information technology area. You don't have to have existing skills/experience though, if you are interested say so and it just means they know who actually wants to work in these areas so everyone gets the place they want.

I see, thanks for that. Would you say these areas come under the main departments? Also, how long was your interview yesterday? I have mine on Wednesday!
Original post by JS2197
Just had mine too! How did it go?

I think it went ok. Like I am really not sure tbh :lol:
Original post by Airmed
I think it went ok. Like I am really not sure tbh :lol:

Were you asked about all five competencies and were there a lot of introduction questions?
Were you asked about all five competencies and were there a lot of introduction questions?

I got asked about all 5. The intro questions were basic stuff like what I am doing (uni), what do I do outside of uni, why do I want to do the internship, what would I bring to it
Anyone trying to get an FCO placement?
I see, thanks for that. Would you say these areas come under the main departments? Also, how long was your interview yesterday? I have mine on Wednesday!

I'm not really sure where those areas fit in specific departments. My interview was about 30 mins, she said it would only take about 30-45 minutes as opposed to what is said on the guidance document online.
Reply 291
For those who have been successful, how long did it take for you to receive the security paperwork through the post?
Good luck to all still waiting x
Reply 292
Original post by tpb.96
For those who have been successful, how long did it take for you to receive the security paperwork through the post?
Good luck to all still waiting x

Haven't received it yet-u?
Reply 293
Original post by dkusi2
Haven't received it yet-u?

My interview was on Tuesday, and I was accepted on Wednesday.
Had my interview on the 19th and found out I was successful on the 20th (via the portal).

Just wondering: Have we provided references already? I can't remember which ones I used if we have (applied months ago)! Do you think it would be OK to email Fast Stream and ask which reference was used, so I can notify them?
Has anyone who has had the interview been unsuccessful, if you don't mind saying?
Original post by IAmCharlotte
Had my interview on the 19th and found out I was successful on the 20th (via the portal).

Just wondering: Have we provided references already? I can't remember which ones I used if we have (applied months ago)! Do you think it would be OK to email Fast Stream and ask which reference was used, so I can notify them?

They ask you to fill out a form detailing what you've been doing the past 3 years I.e work and education and on there they and skills whether they can approach the contacts you've listed who can confirm that you are/did those things.
Reply 297
Original post by tpb.96
My interview was on Tuesday, and I was accepted on Wednesday.

Congrats- I actually meant I haven't got the documents in the post from them yet- have you?
Reply 298
Original post by dkusi2
Congrats- I actually meant I haven't got the documents in the post from them yet- have you?

Sorry!!! No, I haven't got them yet :/
I received my forms in the post today, it's all fairly straightforward! I had my interview on Wednesday and found out I was successful on the Thursday so you should get them soon!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending