The Student Room Group

Accenture Technology Degree Apprenticeship 2017

Has anyone applied for this & where are you currently at in the application process, interview, application centre? I have an interview this Friday, if anyone has any tips it will be greatly appreciated :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by squirrology
Has anyone applied for this & where are you currently at in the application process, interview, application centre? I have an interview this Friday, if anyone has any tips it will be greatly appreciated :biggrin:

Thinking of applying to this, do you know who the provider for the degree is? Can't see it anywhere
I want to apply for this but i am not sure. How long was the process for you from application, to the interview to the assessment center? And how was the assessment center like, what activities did you have to do?
Original post by Zakky
Thinking of applying to this, do you know who the provider for the degree is? Can't see it anywhere

how was the interview? what did they ask?
Reply 4
I applied for the Accenture degree apprenticeship and passed all the stages and got offered a place at Accenture, because i don't have stem subjects they are putting me on the trailblazer programme, i am due to start in September. Also for those wondering; the salary is as follows: Year 1: £12,000 Year 2:£14,100 Year 3:£14,500 Year 4: £28,000, along with a £2,000 end of scheme bonus. Its based in Fenchurch street hours are 37.5 a week 9-5:30. Including an hour lunch break. Don't take my word on the timings, ive forgotten lol. Tips when applying and also at the assessment centre : Just be honest in the application and also be your self, show how you would work in the instance given main thing is to be a team player, help others succeed in the group task meaning : make sure that others get input in the task. For example if there is a guy that's not speaking get him to speak, make sure your not autocratic at all, they don't want that. They want team players.
The group exercise was a case study and all we had to do was provide solutions to the case study, noting difficult at all. Pretty simple. If you study business then its like a business case study.
Also the degree is accredited by the university of Roehampton and training is provided by Qa
I don't know about the 3 year scheme, but im assuming its pretty similar, in my first year im doing a software... technician apprenticeship, cant remember the whole name of the qualification of the first year, don't have the contract with me at this moment in time its at home lol. Im in college atm.
also you have to pass each year in order to progress.
Goodluck to all applying, all the best!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by UnKnowN1029
how was the interview? what did they ask?

in the first stage interview its more about the qualities you possess and how it relates to the company,
the HR interview at the assessment centre is about the company, just make sure you know one case study of the company briefly, so i spoke about Accenture using microsft azure for their cloud systems.
the technical is about latest trends in tech that's what i got asked
also where your passion for technology comes from
how you keep up to date with technology, so i said i watch programmes like humans and csi cyber but make sure you link it back to why u find technology interesting ygm
also some current tech trends will be useful like amazon and drone deliveries. that what i used and the interviewer was impressed.
I got the job and im due to start in September so this advice is legit!
Original post by Dkusht

Congrats I've also received an offer too but without the trailblazer. My interview and AC went really well
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Dkusht
**!

Have you received your contract yet? Received mine few weeks ago. But I'm wondering when I'll be hearing from them again.
(edited 6 years ago)
Have you received your contract yet? Received mine few weeks ago. But I'm wondering when I'll be hearing from them again.

Mind if I ask what the pay and details are for your contract if it's the three year one?
Yeah sure, so the salary in 1st year: £14,100 2nd year: £14,500 and 3rd year: £28,000 with £2000 bonus lump sum bonus.

Hours are 9 to 5:30 5 day period (37.5 hours a week) but it may go over. We have a 1 hour lunch. We will be required to travel to various client sites in the UK as well as abroad. We are only allowed to take 25 days off vacation in a 1 year period, sick pay, pension benefits, start date is on the 11th September, there's a 6 month probationary period etc. Then the rest was just confidentiallity things that we have to abide.

Have you applied yet?

How long after the Assessment Centre did you get a response back?
Original post by darkhood132
How long after the Assessment Centre did you get a response back?

Took them 5 working days to get back to me, they got back to me via phone.
Yeah sure, so the salary in 1st year: £14,100 2nd year: £14,500 and 3rd year: £28,000 with £2000 bonus lump sum bonus.

Hours are 9 to 5:30 5 day period (37.5 hours a week) but it may go over. We have a 1 hour lunch. We will be required to travel to various client sites in the UK as well as abroad. We are only allowed to take 25 days off vacation in a 1 year period, sick pay, pension benefits, start date is on the 11th September, there's a 6 month probationary period etc. Then the rest was just confidentiallity things that we have to abide.

Have you applied yet?

And you're based in London right? I'm wondering what the difference is between the London and Newcastle schemes - Newcastle looks to be more software development based which I'm more interested in but I live in London so..

And no I haven't applied yet, been a bit tied up with other things but I really should do
Original post by Zakky
And you're based in London right? I'm wondering what the difference is between the London and Newcastle schemes - Newcastle looks to be more software development based which I'm more interested in but I live in London so..

And no I haven't applied yet, been a bit tied up with other things but I really should do

Yeah based in London Fenchurch street. The London one is software engineering/testing and you would be working in client & operation services. You get trained to program in Java, it's still a bit vague though tbh, I'm still waiting to receive more information...

You should really apply, they say apply asap to avoid disappointment, there's like 20 places for the three year program and 10 for four year.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah based in London Fenchurch street. The London one is software engineering/testing and you would be working in client & operation services. You get trained to program in Java, it's still a bit vague though tbh, I'm still waiting to receive more information...

You should really apply, they say apply asap to avoid disappointment, there's like 20 places for the three year program and 10 for four year.

I will do,

Congrats on getting a place :smile:

Do you know the deadline for the London one? The Newcastle says the 30th of this month but London says nothing
Reply 14
Hi, i've also received an offer from Accenture for the Degree Apprenticeship. Have you guys sent copies of your A levels etc..? Is anyone else going to be relocating to London or you deciding to stay at home?
Original post by ProAhito
Hi, i've also received an offer from Accenture for the Degree Apprenticeship. Have you guys sent copies of your A levels etc..? Is anyone else going to be relocating to London or you deciding to stay at home?

Nope not yet, haven't received any response yet after I accepted my offer contract wbu? I have to wait till results day to receive my certificates.

I'm planning to stay at home, I don't live far from London so it won't take me too long to get me there wbu?
Original post by Zakky
I will do,

Congrats on getting a place :smile:

Do you know the deadline for the London one? The Newcastle says the 30th of this month but London says nothing

Thank youuu! :h:

I don't know whether there is a deadline, couldn't see one on the website, but I presume it should be around May/June. But I would recommend to just apply whenever you can as they could end the application process anytime.
Reply 17
Nope not yet, haven't received any response yet after I accepted my offer contract wbu? I have to wait till results day to receive my certificates.

I'm planning to stay at home, I don't live far from London so it won't take me too long to get me there wbu?

Same, haven't received anything since accepting. Unsure on whether to wait for a response or send copies in.

Most likely looking to relocate into London - hopefully, the salary in the first 2 years is sufficient. If I travel from home it'll take me approx 2-3hrs each way

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Congrats I've also received an offer too but without the trailblazer. My interview and AC went really well

Niceee are you starting on September the 11th???
Also I accepted the offer still waiting for them to send me red carpet, which is a platform where you upload your references
Original post by Dkusht
Niceee are you starting on September the 11th???
Also I accepted the offer still waiting for them to send me red carpet, which is a platform where you upload your references

Yeah I am.
Same here, but it's been three weeks (almost a month) since I've accepted my offer but still haven't heard anything, I'm debating on whether to e-mail them.

Did they mention to you that there's a company dinner?? They briefly mentioned this to me but still wondering when they are going to send more details on this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending