The Student Room Group

How would you quantify 'extent'?

I recently submitted my EPQ project proposal to my supervisor who read it and offered one suggestion: quantify 'extent' in the title. My current title is as follows:

'To what extent is the intellectual, social and emotional development of infant school military children affected by their parents’ service in the Royal Air Force?'

This question will be answered in the form of a 5000 word essay and therefore I want to structure it as a discussion (hence 'extent'), rather than an objective yes or no. However, the phrasing still needs to be modified and quantified. What would you suggest? Thanks!
Original post by Courtney19
I recently submitted my EPQ project proposal to my supervisor who read it and offered one suggestion: quantify 'extent' in the title. My current title is as follows:

'To what extent is the intellectual, social and emotional development of infant school military children affected by their parents’ service in the Royal Air Force?'

This question will be answered in the form of a 5000 word essay and therefore I want to structure it as a discussion (hence 'extent':wink:, rather than an objective yes or no. However, the phrasing still needs to be modified and quantified. What would you suggest? Thanks!

This post has upset me for two reasons (on your behalf)

1: your supervisor has said something which, to me, is vague. I don't know how important what they say is or whether a suggestion in this case is just a suggestion, but it wasn't s particularly helpful one from what you have described

2: Even if I knew what it meant, extent gives you the freedom to discuss and I can't see how it would need to be changed, or how a title can be made more useful.

I would suggest going back to your supervisor and getting a suggestion or clarity on this.

Quick Reply

Latest