The Student Room Group

History a level struggling

I’m really struggling with the analysis I don’t understand how I’d improve. I don’t know specifically exactly what it is
Analysis is all about assessing the impacts, causes, and consequences of events over time.

Consider CHANGE - Has an event/ideology evolved over a given period of time? Consider just how far it did. Was the change slow or fast paced?
CONTINUITY - How far something has stayed the same. Contrasts with the criteria for change.
CONSEQUENCES - Who was affected? Were the effects targeted at certain groups/places? (urban vs rural, rich vs poor) Long or short term effects?
EXTENT - Questions usually ask for a judgement of ''extent'' in their effects. This can be quantified by looking at changes/consequences etc.
CAUSATION - Asks you to consider the underlying factors that may cause or influence something (social conditions, economy, nationalism, etc.) If doing Edexcel, then P1 Section C will ALWAYS ask you to consider causes. How influential were the causes by themselves? Did multiple factors need to merge to trigger an event, or was a single cause enough?
Original post by Help7281
I’m really struggling with the analysis I don’t understand how I’d improve. I don’t know specifically exactly what it is

I think one main thing people forget to do is weigh up different factors, make it a debate and argue your opinion. That's how you can make it obvious to examiners that you are considering the factors the person above has posted. Literally say things like 'whilst it can be argued...,this is undermined by...and this had a greater impact than the other factor due to...'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending