The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE English Lit/Lang

How is everyone revising for the paper? Have you learnt everything about your 19th Century book and modern text?
Yes, I am :smile: Just want the test to hurry up and come and stop this anxious feeling!
Original post by XxxvatxxX
Yes, I am :smile: Just want the test to hurry up and come and stop this anxious feeling!

Haha same here... what books have you done?
I'm doing Macbeth and I'm struggling to know what quotes to uses
Original post by Elliehardyxo
I'm doing Macbeth and I'm struggling to know what quotes to uses

Same here! I'm doing Macbeth, Jane Eyre, Never Let Me Go and obviously Poetry for the literature paper. The quotes for Macbeth are quite tricky, so I would recommend writing a few key quotes down and trying to remember them. The soliloquies in the pay are also excellent so be sure to learn those as well. :smile:
Reply 5
hi lads
Original post by Kronixion
Same here! I'm doing Macbeth, Jane Eyre, Never Let Me Go and obviously Poetry for the literature paper. The quotes for Macbeth are quite tricky, so I would recommend writing a few key quotes down and trying to remember them. The soliloquies in the pay are also excellent so be sure to learn those as well. :smile:

Omg Never Let Me Go! I am doing that too! :smile:

It is such an unpopular choice that barely any schools so kinda benefits us, haha

How are you revising that? Moments?
(edited 6 years ago)
Omg Never Let Me Go! I am doing that too! :smile:

It is such an unpopular choice that barely any schools so kinda benefits us, haha

How are you revising that? Moments?

I am revising quotes, themes, characters and the general plot for Jane Eyre and NLMG. There is so much to remember as well about the actual story... looking at a few past papers as well always helps. What about you? :smile:
I am revising quotes, themes, characters and the general plot for Jane Eyre and NLMG. There is so much to remember as well about the actual story... looking at a few past papers as well always helps. What about you? :smile:

I am doing War of The Worlds, Never Let Me Go and Macbeth

WoTW: themes,quotes,plot,context
NLMG: themes,quotes,context, (in moments as that's how its gonna be asked)
Macbeth:u:sual stuff...I hate this xD
I am doing War of The Worlds, Never Let Me Go and Macbeth

WoTW: themes,quotes,plot,context
NLMG: themes,quotes,context, (in moments as that's how its gonna be asked)
Macbeth:u:sual stuff...I hate this xD

Ah the classic english revision style. Do you know what the type of question will be on Mondays paper? Will it be like comparison, themes etc?
Ah the classic english revision style. Do you know what the type of question will be on Mondays paper? Will it be like comparison, themes etc?

It will most likely be theme related and will give a wider view of the book so you can work with a variety of moments (so they can have a range of responses rather than everyone picking the same quotes,moments etc!)
My school is on OCR, but our books are:
The strange case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
An Inspector Calls
The Merchant of Venice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending