The Student Room Group

AQA AS Sociology Exam 2017

Hi, so does anyone know of any predicitions that have been made for the 2017 AS sociology Education with Methods in Context exam?- My teacher predicts ethnicity or gender will appear. Also, for paper 2, what research method do you think is highly likely to come up?

Scroll to see replies

What about for families?
Reply 2
For families id love it if the functionalist view came up in an asses question for the big essay tbh. Any predictions ??
Original post by afdah
For families id love it if the functionalist view came up in an asses question for the big essay tbh. Any predictions ??

Marxism came up last year, so you never know!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Ahh honestly id be the best one for me
Im with the wjec board, if that makes a difference ?
Reply 5
If childhood comes up for family, im actually screwed :/ Hope the big essay on why theres an increase in divorce :smile:
Hi sorry it's not technically related to this but just a quick question, which is paper 1?
Reply 7
Original post by Edieireton
Hi sorry it's not technically related to this but just a quick question, which is paper 1?

Paper 1 is Education, worth a total of 40 marks ( 1x 20 marker, 1x 10 marker, 1x 6 marker, and 2x 2 markers) and Methods in Context worth 20 marks.
How's everyone doing with revision?

Exam is on Tuesday! Ahhh.. Currently cramming social policy

Posted from TSR Mobile
GOOD LUCK LOVELIES :smile: :biggrin: :smile: :biggrin: :smile: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by thevamps99xo
GOOD LUCK LOVELIES :smile: :biggrin: :smile: :biggrin: :smile: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

THANK YOU SOO MUCH!! :smile: hopefully goes well!
Reply 11
Original post by Demesne7

Oh, I haven't revised social policies yet :/ but i've been revising by learning key studies and evalaution points for each sub- topic e.g Social Class Internal factors etc. Revision is going okay, just going to re-cap things over the weekend, but been studying a lot for my other A levels that count 50% towards the whole A level. How about you?
Good Luck :smile:
[QUOTE="x_Megan_xo;71406252"]

Oh, I haven't revised social policies yet :/ but i've been revising by learning key studies and evalaution points for each sub- topic e.g Social Class Internal factors etc. Revision is going okay, just going to re-cap things over the weekend, but been studying a lot for my other A levels that count 50% towards the whole A level. How about you?

I'm struggling to remember names of sociologists :frown:( every time I remember one I forget another hahaha

And ye I didn't give too much dedication to socio & focused much more in my other subjects!! I really hope the 20 marker is something on underachievement and ethnicity or gender haha, thanks & all the best to you too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
[QUOTE="Demesne7;71407094"]
Original post by x_Megan_xo

I'm struggling to remember names of sociologists :frown:( every time I remember one I forget another hahaha

And ye I didn't give too much dedication to socio & focused much more in my other subjects!! I really hope the 20 marker is something on underachievement and ethnicity or gender haha, thanks & all the best to you too :smile:

Oh yeah, theres alot but I don't think you will loose many marks unless its a key sociologist like Durkheim or Gilbourn for example. What other subjects do you do? and yeah I definetley dont think social class underachievement will come up, as that was the 20 marker last year; but I reckon its a high chance the 20 marker will be on ethnicity or gender too! - Hoping for 'Explain why ethnic differences underachieve as a result of factors outside of school' :smile: and Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="x_Megan_xo;71409084"]

Economics and history :smile:wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
[QUOTE="Demesne7;71409198"]

Economics and history :smile:wbu?

Oh Law and Media - I also started off with History, but dropped it because I lost interest in it and was too time consuming. Do you do Nazi Germany and Italy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="x_Megan_xo;71409258"]

Germany and Spain :smile: it might be the same course you're referring to tho because we actually get a choice of doing either Italy or Spain - but our department chose Spain.

I used to do Eng Literature but i became too stressed with 4 AS haha, it was nice to get the weight off my back

and IK what you mean with History, as someone who loves history & plans to study it at uni, the A level can get a bit tedious in some aspects & its quite content-heavy :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
[QUOTE="Demesne7;71409368"]

Germany and Spain :smile: it might be the same course you're referring to tho because we actually get a choice of doing either Italy or Spain - but our department chose Spain.

I used to do Eng Literature but i became too stressed with 4 AS haha, it was nice to get the weight off my back

and IK what you mean with History, as someone who loves history & plans to study it at uni, the A level can get a bit tedious in some aspects & its quite content-heavy :/

Oh fair enough- Yeah history has so much content & I never understood the structure of the essays, hence why i dropped it after mock exams in feburary. What university are you hoping to go too? :smile:

This has no relation to sociology anymore but oh well haha :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="x_Megan_xo;71409438"]

Hahaha oh well 😂 and it all depends on my AS grades. If I do get my desired AAA (doubt I will with current lack of revision tho!!) then i'd love to apply somewhere in London, such as UCL, or KCL - perhaps even be a little ambitious and go for Camb. Just depends how I do this year tho!

I need to have a proper visit of the different unis at some point to see which I prefer most in terms of atmosphere & location

Do you have any ideas of where you'd like to end up? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="x_Megan_xo;71406252"]

On tuesday?? Are you in AS or A2 are the AS and AS paper for alevel in yr 13 the same or different??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending