The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Psychology predictions?

Anyone have any predictions for topics in the A2 exams in June?
Original post by Hufflepuff19

This is a new specification this year so there's nothing to compare it to. However, I would say that papers 1 and 2 could be slightly predicted in that it isn't likely to have topics that were on last year's AS papers (or maybe as small 2 markers or something similar). My teacher believes that there'll be a 12 marker in the research methods section where it asks you to design a study as those are often done badly apparently.

For paper 1 last year strange situation came up along with working memory model as essays so I doubt they will appear as essays again this year maybe smaller questions like 1 or 2 marks. Again psychopathology paper biological causes of OCD essay came up last year.

I think in paper 1 there might be an essay on social influence as I can't remember there being one last year. It could be on Zimbardo (hoping as SPE is easy to remember) or maybe Agentic state/Locus of control.
Then again, I have a feeling AQA could throw a really random essay such as role of the father in attachment or cultural variations in attachment. It's very hard to predict.

I wouldn't mind an essay on psychological therapies for depression, or psychological causes and possibly treatment/causes of phobias. Im hoping social influence and psychopathology have the essays as these are my easiest in my opinion. What's your thoughts on predictions?
Yeah.. it's hard to predict since it's a new spec however I agree with greghayes, I believe we may get a 12 marker in research methods (designing a study). The new biopsychology additions may come up as well along with other new additions for research methods e.g. inferential testing etc. What topics are you doing for paper 3? I'm doing gender, eating behaviour and aggression.
Yeah.. it's hard to predict since it's a new spec however I agree with greghayes, I believe we may get a 12 marker in research methods (designing a study). The new biopsychology additions may come up as well along with other new additions for research methods e.g. inferential testing etc. What topics are you doing for paper 3? I'm doing gender, eating behaviour and aggression.

For paper 3 I'm doing schizophrenia, aggression and cognition and development, and the issues and debates.
Haven't started revising aggression yet, not looking forward to that. :s-smilie:
Original post by fayeb1999
For paper 3 I'm doing schizophrenia, aggression and cognition and development, and the issues and debates.
Haven't started revising aggression yet, not looking forward to that. :s-smilie:

Neither have I but will start soon. How do you revise for psychology? I usually make mindmaps/flashcards

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending