The Student Room Group

What study books should I get for Higher?

The title says it all really. For Higher I am doing;
-Higher Chemistry
-Higher Physics
-Higher Computing Science
-Higher Maths
-Higher English

which books include the most information and have questions and exam style questions to go along with it
Those are all the subjects I took.

How To Pass books for Chemistry, Physics and Maths are pretty good. The How To Pass is RUBBISH for Computing, I'd get the Bright Red Study Book instead - a lot more depth and detail that's needed for a good grade.

I didn't get anything for English, so can't comment on that.
(edited 6 years ago)
Maybe you should get the Bright Red Study Book for Higher Chemistry instead because I heard the How to Pass book is not that great.
Get the hobber gibson model papers definitely for maths I got it and it helped VERY much. If I were to do physics again Id probably get that book for physics too. I didnt bother to get a book for english but thats because I find it (easier) maybe haha
Reply 4
Original post by emperoryoshi
Maybe you should get the Bright Red Study Book for Higher Chemistry instead because I heard the How to Pass book is not that great.

bright red books dont include questions though :/
Reply 5
Original post by YasserTron
bright red books dont include questions though :/

I have HTP chem and I like it. It has loads of questions and goes through problem solving and all of the problem solving calculations. Haven't used a bright red book ever so can't comment. Maths I bought success guide but never really used it tbh, it wasn't bad, I just bought it really close to exam so didn't have a chance to use it much and I got leckie and leckie papers which I find very difficult for maths so maybe skip them as the style is a bit diff to SQA. That said, if u want to challenge yourself then by all means buy it. For chem I also had leckie and leckie papers which I really like for chem, I'd recommend defo. I never buy books for eng as it's one of my strong subjects and I feel there's too much online to warrant buying a book. I never did physics or computing so can't comment on those

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending