The Student Room Group

How can I reach for Grade 9 :(

Is it even possible to get a grade 9, seeing that the percentage is like 1%? I am trying my best for English Lit and feel like its going no where now with memorising quotes...any help? :frown: (Doing War of The Worlds, Never Let Me Go tomorrow)
Reply 1
I'm hoping to get a grade 9. Just try to get the highest marks you can and whatever grade you get will be the best you could've done.
My step dad is a design and tech teacher and said they'll only be handful given out to the entire country.

But just because it is ultra rare, doesn't mean you reach it, with knowledge of the books inside and out and post stick notes round your house with quotes, you'll achieve! 7&8 are still brilliant grades!
Reply 3
Original post by e2014
I'm hoping to get a grade 9. Just try to get the highest marks you can and whatever grade you get will be the best you could've done.

Yeah, I am just hoping my moments.quotes I have learnt come in use and they don't ask some absurd question as surely, as a new spec, they gotta make a good impression, not letting half the country fail
it is, just remember to write one paragraph on language which you've analysed brilliantly, one paragraph on form and one on structure. Link all your points together in one over-branching point that you explain in the intro. constantly refer back to the author intentions and ideas not the characters. include alternate interpretations for every point. try to use un-obvious points that majority of other people don't go for. make it well structured.

if you do all that will be surprised if its not at least high 8.
Reply 5
Original post by rebeccahurstt
it is, just remember to write one paragraph on language which you've analysed brilliantly, one paragraph on form and one on structure. Link all your points together in one over-branching point that you explain in the intro. constantly refer back to the author intentions and ideas not the characters. include alternate interpretations for every point. try to use un-obvious points that majority of other people don't go for. make it well structured.

if you do all that will be surprised if its not at least high 8.

Thank you so much!! :smile: :smile:

Do you think I have to make the language, structure and form separate for literature? When analyzing the extract and then out with your memory and quotes?
Reply 6
Hey, I'm doing War of the Worlds and Never Let me Go too!! I am just worried that the quotes I have that I recon I could grade 9 analysis won't relate to the question! And I am also worried that my War of the Worlds analysis isn't as good but it's quite a sparse novel in my opinion!
I was actually thinking about that as well. Personally I think, I'll do language form and structure separately for the extract because there's probs more to say but have the language point as my kind of main point but then for the rest of the play, write a main paragraph on structure because its easier to write a lot about the structure of the whole play and then a language para but id probs include the form inside the language para because otherwise its getting too long.
i actually dunno tho, gonna ask my eng teacher before the exam tomorrow

Quick Reply

Latest