The Student Room Group

GCSE Geography Edexcel B 2017

Any predictions?

Scroll to see replies

No I don't have any :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by reinaadira
No I don't have any :frown:

How do you feel about the test tomorrow?
Generally, I am quite nervous and to top that off I have English so I am dreading the exam.
Reply 3
Original post by Pastels123
Generally, I am quite nervous and to top that off I have English so I am dreading the exam.

swear everyone doing edexcel English lit and geography b unit 1 have it tomorrow.
Reply 4
What topics are you doing? Im doing the first 4 and coastal change and conflict, extreme environments
Reply 5
I think I'm going to stay up all night just revising for english lit and geog - I just started today...
Original post by Pastels123

I'm in year 10 so this is my first and only exam :frown:
I'm actually really scared, coasts is my worst topic definitely and I think that topic could reduce my A* chances
Can't wait to get geography done and dusted tbh!
Geography went quite well today!

What was the question about plastic in Oceans on the Edge though?

I wasn't sure how you can prove past climate change, so I went for ice cores an fossils.

The six mark question comparing Secondary and Primary Impacts of a Tectonic Event was a bit weird (didn't compare, just stated).

The six marker on Coastal Change and Conflict was quite hard, didn't know many env impacts of a rapidly eroding coastline, but I said that the erosion would create sedimentation, changing pH of the water, killing marine life, and that local species may move too...
Original post by JWilliamsTS

I wasn't sure how you can prove past climate change, so I went for ice cores an fossils.

The six mark question comparing Secondary and Primary Impacts of a Tectonic Event was a bit weird (didn't compare, just stated).

The six marker on Coastal Change and Conflict was quite hard, didn't know many env impacts of a rapidly eroding coastline, but I said that the erosion would create sedimentation, changing pH of the water, killing marine life, and that local species may move too...

Yeah, apart from a few question i think it was ok. However still think was harder than recent years which should be reflected in the grade boundaries
Original post by 00sevenmagic
yeah, apart from a few question i think it was ok. However still think was harder than recent years which should be reflected in the grade boundaries

everyone i spoke to said it was easy so i think the grade boundaries are going to be high

There are drawings and paintings of ice fairs during the mini ice age and fossils/skeletons of the mega fauna who strived during the mini ice age and they're not alive now so clearly some climate change must have happened.
Reply 13
So I'm pretty sure I got a U today.

How many marks would I need on the other 2 papers to get a solid B? I got A* on the coursework so can I still compensate?

Or have I seriously f***** up
Original post by Skyrim
So I'm pretty sure I got a U today.

How many marks would I need on the other 2 papers to get a solid B? I got A* on the coursework so can I still compensate?

Or have I seriously f***** up

I'm sure u didn't get a U, if got an A* on the coursework .

grade boundaries for this test are probs:

80% A*

70% A

60% B

50% C

40%D
Original post by 00sevenmagic
i'm sure u didn't get a u, if got an a* on the coursework .

Grade boundaries for this test are probs:

80% a*

70% a

60% b

50% c

40%d

a* always been 90%
then it depreciates 10% after for an a then so on....
That stupid question on threats to the conversation of the biosphere i didn't even know what it was asking ... why would there be threats when conservation is good ?

That question on plastic like what??
I just wrote about how plastic as a source of waste is quite prevalent and used the data
That was just weird, comparing them? I wrote about Nepal
I did Ice cores and tree rings
The coastal change one, we didn't do many environmental impacts like what else can you write
Original post by sahil_01
a* always been 90%
then it depreciates 10% after for an a then so on....

No, last year was 61/78 which is 78% for an A*
i did the foundation paper and it was quite alright tbh! the only question that really put me off was the rivers question where we had to explain the formation of floodplains....

other than that... the paper was good!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending