The Student Room Group

Edexcel English Literature Exam Study Tips.

I am studying English Literature at AS Level with the Edexcel exam board. For Component 1: Poetry and Drama, I am studying Poems of the Decade and A Streetcar Named Desire alongside Othello. For Component 2: Prose, I am studying Women and Society Pre-1900 - Wuthering Heights and Tess of the D'Ubervilles.

Unfortunately, my school hasn't been the most organised with the course (we haven't finished Heights or even started Tess yet) and I have struggled to pull together an organised understanding of pretty much any of the texts (although I am far more confident on Component 1 than I am Component 2) and I was hoping to find any good revision resources and techniques for studying ANY of the texts above (particularly Component 2).
Original post by rremmuss
I am studying English Literature at AS Level with the Edexcel exam board. For Component 1: Poetry and Drama, I am studying Poems of the Decade and A Streetcar Named Desire alongside Othello. For Component 2: Prose, I am studying Women and Society Pre-1900 - Wuthering Heights and Tess of the D'Ubervilles.

Unfortunately, my school hasn't been the most organised with the course (we haven't finished Heights or even started Tess yet) and I have struggled to pull together an organised understanding of pretty much any of the texts (although I am far more confident on Component 1 than I am Component 2) and I was hoping to find any good revision resources and techniques for studying ANY of the texts above (particularly Component 2).

I cannot recommend LitCharts enough. You can get it free as an app, or get a month's trial on their website (it's either free or less than £1, I honestly can't remember). Their website has full study guides and PDFs you can download, and they have over 400 books, so I'm sure at least one of your texts will be in their library.
Reply 2
Original post by flossg
I cannot recommend LitCharts enough. You can get it free as an app, or get a month's trial on their website (it's either free or less than £1, I honestly can't remember). Their website has full study guides and PDFs you can download, and they have over 400 books, so I'm sure at least one of your texts will be in their library.

I've actually looked in depth at the resources on LitCharts for Wuthering Heights, but I'm worried about straying away and concentrating on information that isn't relevant to the spec. As I said, my class has been majorly unorganised and I'm really concerned about what I do and don't need in the exam because to be honest - I'm not sure.
When's your exam I'm currently doing both Othello and Streetcar at A2 level and I can send over all my essay plans which I've put into one document if you want? I also have stuff for poems of the decade?
Reply 4
That would be massively helpful! I'm currently doing my first year, but the course is linear so we dont have an external exam, just a mock. The first mock is next week, the poetry the week after that and I've prepared as much as I can but I'm still worried.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Kardashian4life
When's your exam I'm currently doing both Othello and Streetcar at A2 level and I can send over all my essay plans which I've put into one document if you want? I also have stuff for poems of the decade?

hey could you do that for me as well please, well at least for streetcar, it would be a major help
Original post by Kardashian4life
When's your exam I'm currently doing both Othello and Streetcar at an A2 level and I can send over all my essay plans which I've put into one document if you want? Do I have stuff for poems of the decade?

can you please sent them to me im struggling badly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending