The Student Room Group

OCR AL Psychology (New): Research methods H167/1 & H567/1 - 15 May & 07 Jun 2017

Scroll to see replies

I personally think that OCR realised that they were being too soft on us with Statistics and haven't done any questions on standard deviation in a while so threw it all into one section.
I feel so sorry for those who decided not to bother revising for standard deviation :colondollar:
Fairs , didn't even realise
Reply 242
Original post by DrawTheLine
I think so but it was definitely wrong. The scenario was referring the the maths test scores of children who were stood up or sat down. There was nothing to do with words so it was definitely wrong

Phew, I was sat there think where is the data for for 5 mins😂
Reply 243
Original post by ChaosControlJ
There was a bit about a study on people doing maths tests stood up or sat down, but one of the questions asked for mean % words recalled which wasnt even mentioned

I think for this one you had to take the average score you calculated earlier, divide it by the maximum score of the test, then multiply it by a hundred to get the percentage.
Original post by MooCowMilkshake
That 'your questionnaire' bullet point was a bit vague.

Thats what I thought! I thought the last three bullet points in the 15 marker were all like interweaved
What did you all think of the last 2 questions ?
Original post by moon_light_wolf
Thats what I thought! I thought the last three bullet points in the 15 marker were all like interweaved

That's basically what I did too !
Did anyone see the answer in the multiple choice for standard deviation
Original post by Angiepangy3
Did anyone see the answer in the multiple choice for standard deviation

I put 6 but i have a massive feeling it was 12
Original post by LenniesRabbit

It was 6

what question was that? I vaguely remember it.
Original post by Kholmes1
what question was that? I vaguely remember it.

It gave a (kind of incorrect) formula for standard deviation with the value 'n' under it and asked us to use the table about the young and old people's IQ levels to identify what N would be. I think the options were 6, 8, 12 and 35?
Original post by MooCowMilkshake
That's basically what I did too !

I personally wrote 3 separate paragrphs even if my justifciations were repeated since then examiers can clearly see i tryyed to approach all the points
It gave a (kind of incorrect) formula for standard deviation with the value 'n' under it and asked us to use the table about the young and old people's IQ levels to identify what N would be. I think the options were 6, 8, 12 and 35?

Ohh ok. I put 6.

In the SD calculation one, I originally put n-1 then I saw that formula again so I removed the -1 and only did n. Would that lose a mark?

Can't quite remember it. If it it asked about the conditions separately then it would be 6. Did it ask about the old people group? Because if I remember correctly I put 6.

I think N means number of participants and there were 6 in the condition, it's what I put anyway ^-^
Guys, about the n-1/n thing in Standard Deviation.

OCR have explicitly stated that either of those formulae are FINE- n-1 is the sample variance, n is the population variance.

They have specified that either are correct for use in the exam and you will not be penalised for using one and not the other as both are technically correct.
Reply 257
Reply 258
Grade boundaries for A*/A?

I lost around 15 marks or so i thought it would be much easier

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rtdsv
Grade boundaries for A*/A?

I lost around 15 marks or so i thought it would be much easier

Posted from TSR Mobile

definitely higher than last year, there were few discriminating questions if that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending