The Student Room Group

Vehicle collides with pedestrians in London Finsbury Park

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joecphillips
I'm just saying for someone who normally calls for calm and no speculation you were quick to jump on reports of potential

Seriously. Stop with the nonsense. I have never once denied the nature of terrorism, regardless of the perpetrator. I still call for calm now, we don’t know all of the facts and we should wait for them to become available, it was classified as terrorism ages ago. We shouldn’t hide from that. I was speaking the truth, that’s all it was.

I think what’s important here is that an innocent person has died and others are injured for doing nothing but exercising their freedoms. The injustice is heartbreaking and this event is truly terrible. There is a difference between fact and speculation. I am fully aware of the dangers of the latter.

And, to be quite honest with you, this argument really doesn’t matter, so let’s drop it as it’s completely pointless and there’s no need to be splitting hairs, especially with the gravity of such an incident.
Original post by Rooster11366
I was thinking the age limit on here was over 10 years. I must be wrong

Get life mate......get a life.....get a life......little whiny voice....bbzzzzzzzz.....swat.

Im in a playful mood today.....hahahahahaHAAAARRRRRR
(edited 6 years ago)
Oh ISIS don't kill Muslims then.

They don't believe that they are killing Muslims.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Seems like a revenge attack as he used a vehicle like Islamic extremists used. An eye for an eye makes the world go blind. I know people are angry at Islamic terrorism but using the same tactic to attack Muslims is disgusting and pathetic.

Indeed, it is disgusting and pathetic, but the kind of people who commit these atrocities aren't the sort you can really reason with.
Don't call this a 'revenge' terror attack? That suggests that this was payback when the people affected didn't do anything wrong in the first place.
This is a callous terrorist attack and I am shocked at the low level of media coverage of this attack. Westminster, Manchester and London Bridge received full time coverage. This is hardly a headline
Reply 166
Original post by theoneandonlybob
Wow people are really trying to justify this terrorist attack disgusting.
Indeed. There is never any justification for violent action against non-combatants, whether that justification is the attacks on London and Manchester, or the foreign policy of western governments, of the contents of religious scripture.

It is never justified or acceptable. Ever.
I condemn the killing and injuring of any innocent Muslim.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by desaf1
This is a callous terrorist attack and I am shocked at the low level of media coverage of this attack. Westminster, Manchester and London Bridge received full time coverage. This is hardly a headline

mate its only happened late last night- its all over all the news channels are you blind?
Original post by Meany Pie
They don't believe that they are killing Muslims.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No that is true, but they uses various ways of pushing people to react. So they could use this to push things on.

We just don't know yet
Original post by Chakede
mate its only happened late last night- its all over all the news channels are you blind?

No it's not. The BBC aired other news items and weather instead of dedicating their news to this. They gave far more coverage for London Bridge.
Original post by desaf1

You are joking this has had the same coverage.
Original post by desaf1

On main news websites right now.
Guardian: top story, live feed.
Daily Mail: top story. Half page full spread.
Telegraph: top story, full page spread.

Please check facts before posting.
Apparently police took ages to come to the scene, according to eyewitness.
You are joking this has had the same coverage.

No it hasn't. The BBC was literally reporting on the EU five minutes ago
Original post by desaf1
Apparently police took ages to come to the scene, according to eyewitness.

Any actual evidence?
Original post by Fullofsurprises
On main news websites right now.
Guardian: top story, live feed.
Daily Mail: top story. Half page full spread.
Telegraph: top story, full page spread.

Please check facts before posting.

BBC was literally airing a report on the EU five minutes ago. This should be getting full time coverage.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Stop labelling people ISLAMOPHOBIC it's exactly what the Muslim killer wants and will only lead to more terrorism

Just like we label ISIS as radical Muslims. They are not Muslims at all. They are terrorists.
Original post by desaf1
No it's not. The BBC aired other news items and weather instead of dedicating their news to this. They gave far more coverage for London Bridge.

I think you're in denial.

There is live coverage given to this attack, it has been the top content on the app since it was breaking news, there is live coverage ongoing.

I'm not sure how you can compare this to London Bridge. In the initial hours after that attack, it was 'vehicle hits pedestrians'. It takes more than an hour for the details of incidents to come out.

How could they possibly be giving this any more coverage?
Original post by Meany Pie
Any actual evidence?

There was an eyewitness on reddit (I know ... ) who claimed to be driving nearby at the time and saw the van drive away, and then the immediate aftermath. Apparently the police arrived extremely quickly​, as they always have done for such attacks.

I'm sure they will provide a statement that gives more information soon
Reply 179
Original post by teenhorrorstory
'Vehicle collides with pedestrians'

Ermm no let's call it what it is. White terrorist kills Muslims
If you are trying to make a point, it would be more accurate to say "Non-Muslim terrorist kills people", because other attacks are not described as "Brown terrorists kill non-Muslims", are they?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending