The Student Room Group

Vehicle collides with pedestrians in London Finsbury Park

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lord Samosa
There's no point, they always do this and it's gotten worse on tsr.

I can never comment on these threads without being picked on and patronised for being Muslim. And of course the mods do nothing.

The thing is,most of them would never dare say the same thing to a Muslim on the street. That's anonymity for you. It gives them a great sense of confidence. Just keep reporting. TSR should take a tough stance,too and not let it carry on. Most of them are low key racists also. They can't go a whole week without having to rant about minorities or Muslims blah blah blah.
Original post by Meany Pie
What more can be done and how do they do about taking a "tougher" stance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well first step will probably involve extra police presence,particularly around mosques so Muslims can pray/worship safely etc. And the rest if for theresa may to tell us herself,seeing as she always reassured us,any form of terrorism won't be tolerated. I hope she remains true to her word.
Original post by queen-bee
What? I thought one person had died at the scene and two are in critical condition and the rest In hospital.

It really is a big shame and fortunately,the government will be doing a lot more to protect religious minorities especially in This holy month of Ramadan and take a tougher stance on all Forms of terrorism

Yes they did but there is confusion at the minute. Some people have said the group went for by the suspect was already doing CPR.

On a person that went ill in pavement
Original post by QE2
You made a comment. Do you not wish to clarify what you meant?
Do you think that calling someone "the vilest of animals" because of their religion should be recorded as a "hate crime" or not?

And people die every minute of every day. I just challenge people when they say stupid things. Sometimes the issue is people dying. We're all big boys here.

"And people die every minute of every day" so we're already playing down this incident already okay then

also i have literally no clue why you said that stuff about the """vilest of animals""" when it has literally nothing to do with this (unless there was some previous history between y'all i honestly can't see a reason why you'd have to bring this up now anyway).
Original post by MrDystopia
Feel free to comment. The notion 'we do nothing' when I have to sift 19 pages of this nonsense everytime there's a tragedy is pretty amusing to me. That and I'm only a single person who can't devote 24 hours to policing threads.

In any case, report away, it would make the CT/my job easier in knowing what to remove.

how do u maintain your sanity amid this endless river of garbage
Reply 365
=
Some of the hate crimes are rarely reported on mainstream media. There was an incidentlg recently in north London,not too far from Finsbury Park where a white man went to a mosque,carrying a knife. Luckily the police got there before he managed to do any harm. There's many other incidents which are alike.
If they are not reported, how do you know about them?

Stop downplaying the threat islamophobia poses on Muslims. After every terrorist attack,visible Muslims,especially women who wear hijab are always always extra cautious when out and about.
Just because people claim they are worried about attacks, doesn't mean those attacks are likely.
Remember that this is exactly the argument used by apologists to show that most Muslims are peace-loving and that any attacks are absolute rarities carried out by fringe extremists.

Hijabis are "always extra cautious" after Islamist attacks because sites like TSR ISOC keep insisting that they must be "extra cautious" because they are at threat from a violent backlash. One that has repeatedly failed to materialise.

Heck,there's been many incidents of hijabi women getting bottled on the street just for being a Muslim.
No there hasn't.

But you want to pick and chose and like to remain bias,that's up to you.
Nope, just the facts. And the fact is that in the UK, a non-Muslim is more likely to be killed or injured by Muslims for being a non-Muslim, than the other way round.
It would appear that it is you who is letting bias and emotion cloud their judgement.
Original post by QE2
= If they are not reported, how do you know about them?

Just because people claim they are worried about attacks, doesn't mean those attacks are likely.
Remember that this is exactly the argument used by apologists to show that most Muslims are peace-loving and that any attacks are absolute rarities carried out by fringe extremists.

Hijabis are "always extra cautious" after Islamist attacks because sites like TSR ISOC keep insisting that they must be "extra cautious" because they are at threat from a violent backlash. One that has repeatedly failed to materialise.

No there hasn't.

Nope, just the facts. And the fact is that in the UK, a non-Muslim is more likely to be killed or injured by Muslims for being a non-Muslim, than the other way round.
It would appear that it is you who is letting bias and emotion cloud their judgement.

@QE2
Can you show me where you got these statistics from?
(edited 6 years ago)
There's no point, they always do this and it's gotten worse on tsr.

I can never comment on these threads without being picked on and patronised for being Muslim. And of course the mods do nothing.

We actually do a hell of a lot about this sort of thing - far more than you realise.
Original post by QE2
= If they are not reported, how do you know about them?

No there hasn't.

Please seek help. Stop with the us and them mentality that Is getting people ****ing killed out in these streets. People are ****ing dying,wake the **** up. Your fellow human beings. I don't give a **** if you're an ex Muslim or not,human life is human life.precious. Whether you're blue black purple yellow white.
Well first step will probably involve extra police presence,particularly around mosques so Muslims can pray/worship safely etc. And the rest if for theresa may to tell us herself,seeing as she always reassured us,any form of terrorism won't be tolerated. I hope she remains true to her word.

That would be pretty difficult, there are 500 mosques in London alone. They can can always hire their own security like the Jews have been doing for decades. Although Police presence doesn't stop attacks like this, barriers do.

It should be pretty clear we don't tolerate terrorism from the response.
Original post by Reality Check
We actually do a hell of a lot about this sort of thing - far more than you realise.

Thank you but what more do you think can be done?
Original post by babsxox
how do u maintain your sanity amid this endless river of garbage

Eventually you become used to it :lol:
Reply 372
The fact that some of y'all are doing the most on here to justify it or downplay it is not only disturbing but disgusting. Like it doesnt ****ing matter what the person's religion is or race,innocent people have been hurt and one person confirmed dead. Some of y'all need psychiatric help for all this pent up hatred you harbour. Immediately.
No one is justifying or downplaying it. It was an inexcusable callous and barbaric attack, whoever did it and whatever the claimed motivation or justification. However, discussions are fluid and move on. Questioning someone's position on what constitutes a "hate crime" is not commenting on last night's attack. Some people need to get over themselves.
Original post by QE2
No one is justifying or downplaying it. It was an inexcusable callous and barbaric attack, whoever did it and whatever the claimed motivation or justification. However, discussions are fluid and move on. Questioning someone's position on what constitutes a "hate crime" is not commenting on last night's attack. Some people need to get over themselves.

NO,You And your sort need to get over yourselves. Hate will not prevail,did you no thought listen to the PMs speech?!

and as for the muslims on here please don't feel disheartened by the sickening comments and threads we continue to see Day In And Day out.
Please seek help. Stop with the us and them mentality that Is getting people ****ing killed out in these streets. People are ****ing dying,wake the **** up. Your fellow human beings. I don't give a **** if you're an ex Muslim or not,human life is human life.precious. Whether you're blue black purple yellow white.

You started it.
Original post by QE2

"And people die every minute of every day"

also I still wanna know why you brought that hate speech/crime. thing up even though it has little relevance to the topic and it was a response to something also unrelated to hate speech/crimes
Thank you but what more do you think can be done?

It's a really good question - and one to which there aren't any easy answers. It has to come down to the TSR community itself making clear that islamophobic, racist and other hate speech isn't welcome by the community and won't be tolerated - that and enforcement of the rules by the ST and CT.
Some of the people in here are actually vile
Please report them and don't give up. I know it can seem pointless but I always report someone whenever I see a post that crosses the line into hatred whether it is sexual, religious, racial or national. You should also private message a mod too, sometimes can speed up the process I think.
Reply 378
I can never comment on these threads without being picked on and patronised for being Muslim.
You can comment as much as you like, but you can expect to be asked to defend your position. Simply expecting a free pass just because you are Muslim is not going to happen (I don't see why you would expect it to).

For example, I replied to another poster on the subject of what constitutes a "hate crime", and used a line from the Quran as an example.
You replied using the very wording used in my example to target some current posters, in a fairly transparent fashion.
I asked you to clarify.
You cry "Islamophobia!"

And you wonder why the mods don't always come to your rescue.
In the immortal words of Homer Simpson...
"If you're gonna get mad at me every time I do something stupid, I guess I'm gonna have to stop doing stupid things".
Original post by Meany Pie
You started it.

I simply stated Muslims face increased hate crimes towards them. That shouldn't excuse dowplaying people's deaths. Look at some of the comments on here justifying what happened,I wondered who started those. People just want an excuse to rant about their hateful views. I'll just keep reporting and move on

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending