The Student Room Group

AQA A level music exam discussion

AQA A level music exam discussion thread!

How'd it go for you?
Reply 1
I thought that the listening section was quite difficult.
Elgar's essay (4th movement) was an absolute godsend :biggrin: but the listening was quite hard, especially question 3. The jazz questions weren't too bad either
Reply 3
Original post by WW2
I thought that the listening section was quite difficult.

Yeah I think most people found it difficult and they will probably have to lower the grade boundaries. Any questions in the listening section which you remember your for?
Reply 4
Listening was a pain. Essays where ok, we did Shostakovich and they where both fluffy questions, but yeah the jazz was ok.
Reply 5
Original post by rosegrace
Elgar's essay (4th movement) was an absolute godsend :biggrin: but the listening was quite hard, especially question 3. The jazz questions weren't too bad either

I did the Shostakovich, but those essays weren't too bad either. Jazz was great for me, but sadly didn't have enough time to cram in all the information I had!
Nor did I, I spent 1 hour on the Elgar essay which left me with only 30 mins to write the jazz one😂 Oh well, hopefully we got enough information to get decent marks!
Reply 7
Original post by Djerun
Yeah I think most people found it difficult and they will probably have to lower the grade boundaries. Any questions in the listening section which you remember your for?

The fourth question wasn't hard, but that was probably one of the most disgusting parts of the Lincolnshire Posy to listen to. I felt ill after having to listen to those excerpts for that length of time.

I wrote the question on Elgar about the fourth movement and I did the chamber music question about form in two movements, if anyone here did chamber music. I think that the questions were quite good this year, especially for the fourth movement of Elgar as there was a lot to write about.
I can't do listening at the best of times but yesterday's was horrific!
However, my teacher is amazing and predicted the Elgar Symphony question right so hopefully, I did that well! I did the interesting approach to choral writing question too which I thought was okay although I'm worried I went a bit of topic!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending