The Student Room Group

OCR B7 Unofficial Mark Scheme - Monday 19th June 2017

Scroll to see replies

I'm pretty sure that fermenter question asked for FOOD products, but either way, if I mentioned foods it should still be right....right? :colondollar:

I said 1) quorn and other meat substitutes.
2) rennet.
Original post by CandidateZero
Perhaps the mark for blood pressure, but probably not for tissue fluid: plasma is forced out of the flow of blood and not the cells themselves.

i know, i seriously thought the question asked to show where the tissue fluid is >_<
Original post by SweetCheeks18
I'm pretty sure that fermenter question asked for FOOD products, but either way, if I mentioned foods it should still be right....right? :colondollar:

I said 1) quorn and other meat substitutes.
2) rennet.

i put meat subsititutes and cheese too! it literally said FOOD, i dont understand why everyone keeps saying it didn't lmao
Original post by tanishaevans
i put meat subsititutes and cheese too! it literally said FOOD, i dont understand why everyone keeps saying it didn't lmao

Exactly! For the cheese/rennet thing, would rennet be wrong? I didn't understand what the revision guide said rennet actually was, I put cheese and crossed it out for rennet. Oopsies.
Reply 64
Original post by kilner
Don't worry too much- B7 is always people's worst module, you on average score one grade or two worse on it than the other ones since the boundaries are high (only top levels take it)

then why is there a foundation tier if only top levels take it
Exactly! For the cheese/rennet thing, would rennet be wrong? I didn't understand what the revision guide said rennet actually was, I put cheese and crossed it out for rennet. Oopsies.

im not 100% sure but i think you're supposed to put chymosin which is the vegetarian subsititute for rennet, and i think you need to write the food that the enzyme is used to produce (cheese) you might still get the mark for rennet though!
im not 100% sure but i think you're supposed to put chymosin which is the vegetarian subsititute for rennet, and i think you need to write the food that the enzyme is used to produce (cheese) you might still get the mark for rennet though!

I hope so.

Good luck with C7 and P7!
I hope so.

Good luck with C7 and P7!

aw thanks but i only took biology, good luck to you!!
Reply 68
Original post by NigNog
then why is there a foundation tier if only top levels take it

Because some schools make all students do triple science, perhaps even some students may excel in e.g. biology and chemistry but struggle with further physics ... But are you really trying to argue it's not the top sets that do triple science (for the most part)? At the vast majority of schools only the top set or two take triple, so yes it isn't only high levels, hence the boundaries are higher and people do worse.
Which method was most sustainable for timber harvesting?
I put Method B. Is that right?
Original post by Harryjamieson23
Which method was most sustainable for timber harvesting?
I put Method B. Is that right?

did this question specifically ask to state the most sustainable method? because i just said "unsustainable timber harvesting removes food sources and habitats for organisms, method C is the least sustainable because as the cycle goes on the amount of teak produced rises dramatically which means more trees are cut down so there are less for future generations" how many marks does anyone think ill get for this?
did this question specifically ask to state the most sustainable method? because i just said "unsustainable timber harvesting removes food sources and habitats for organisms, method C is the least sustainable because as the cycle goes on the amount of teak produced rises dramatically which means more trees are cut down so there are less for future generations" how many marks does anyone think ill get for this?

If you described the problems of harvesting eg soil erosion, increased CO2, loss of habitats ect you should get at least 3-4
Is anyone else frustrated by the lack of biology we got in that exam? I'm sorry but I knew all of the content and we got asked a few flaming recall statements - there was so much biology they could've asked rather than so much data analysis.
The two mark question specified that it was in the food industry so I think you had to put Quorn (single cell protein) and Chymosin/Rennet. Unfortunately, I forgot about Chymosin and put alcohol instead so probably only got one mark. However, I don't see how medicine like penicillin is plausible when it was specifically referring to the food industry, don't know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Original post by Deliciate
The two mark question specified that it was in the food industry so I think you had to put Quorn (single cell protein) and Chymosin/Rennet. Unfortunately, I forgot about Chymosin and put alcohol instead so probably only got one mark. However, I don't see how medicine like penicillin is plausible when it was specifically referring to the food industry, don't know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i said enzyme for food processing such as chymosin and single cell protein such as yeast - will i get 0 marks

how was history!
Original post by nish2910
i said enzyme for food processing such as chymosin and single cell protein such as yeast - will i get 0 marks

In my opinion you'll definitely get 1 mark for mentioning chymosin but since you said single cell protein such as yeast instead of Quorn then they may not allow it, but surely not 0 marks!! O:

History was good thanks for asking! :biggrin: My hands are still dying from the intense writing in the intense heat... RIP x-x
In my opinion you'll definitely get 1 mark for mentioning chymosin but since you said single cell protein such as yeast instead of Quorn then they may not allow it, but surely not 0 marks!! O:

History was good thanks for asking! :biggrin: My hands are still dying from the intense writing in the intense heat... RIP x-x

history is the worst for writing def!! at least you're free from it forever!!!... unless you're taking it for A-level ahah
Original post by nish2910
history is the worst for writing def!! at least you're free from it forever!!!... unless you're taking it for A-level ahah

I'm taking it for A-Level!!!! xDD How about you, what do you plan on taking?
I'm taking it for A-Level!!!! xDD How about you, what do you plan on taking?

I will PM you so we don't fill up this chat aha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending