The Student Room Group

What did you put for AQA Government and Politics 4A ?????

Hey guys just wondering what you all put for 4A section in legislation and judiciary. Also, what the mark scheme is looking for for the a* marks
Original post by Dinahiwo
Hey guys just wondering what you all put for 4A section in legislation and judiciary. Also, what the mark scheme is looking for for the a* marks

Legislature 30 marker:
House oversight and government reform committee and their powers etc.
Countered with a point about stonewalling from executive agencies and partisan use of the committee
Advise and consent in the senate
Countered with a point about the issues with this especially in judicial nominations
Cant remember the rest, but I talked about the power of Investigation and the presidential veto etc.

Judiciary 30 marker:
They are becoming increasingly politicised due to a rise in judicial activism (strike down the will of the elected branch)
Countered with a point about the fact that this may not mean they are politicised as in Kagan's own words, the US is not a pure democracy, it is a constitutional democracy
Quasi legislative power of the court
Increasingly using public opinion in rulings e.g. Gritter v Bollinger
Cant remember the rest.
Original post by ugaaa5
Legislature 30 marker:
House oversight and government reform committee and their powers etc.
Countered with a point about stonewalling from executive agencies and partisan use of the committee
Advise and consent in the senate
Countered with a point about the issues with this especially in judicial nominations
Cant remember the rest, but I talked about the power of Investigation and the presidential veto etc.

Judiciary 30 marker:
They are becoming increasingly politicised due to a rise in judicial activism (strike down the will of the elected branch)
Countered with a point about the fact that this may not mean they are politicised as in Kagan's own words, the US is not a pure democracy, it is a constitutional democracy
Quasi legislative power of the court
Increasingly using public opinion in rulings e.g. Gritter v Bollinger
Cant remember the rest.

For my congress question I wrote about the formation of congress, then I put opthe guidance in finances and making laws, appointment and Wars and for my contrasting points I wrote about how congresses involvement in wars could weaken state, laws they make may not be implemented, obamas government unable to form due to the slow pace of congress

Do u feel like that is an idea of a good a/b answer or is it too broad and simplistic?
For my congress question I wrote about the formation of congress, then I put opthe guidance in finances and making laws, appointment and Wars and for my contrasting points I wrote about how congresses involvement in wars could weaken state, laws they make may not be implemented, obamas government unable to form due to the slow pace of congress

Do u feel like that is an idea of a good a/b answer or is it too broad and simplistic?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually put also, now I remember, that Congress has weakened its own oversight with the passage of laws like this Patriot act and the Authorisation of Use of Military Force.
I'd actually heavily disagree with your point on Congress and wars because they haven't declared war since 1941. Honestly, it's about how well you argue your case. I would personally say that a lot of your answer is very broad and not specific to "oversight". However, if you've argued it well and backed it up, you'll get an A. It's about quality of the answer too.
Original post by ugaaa5
Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually put also, now I remember, that Congress has weakened its own oversight with the passage of laws like this Patriot act and the Authorisation of Use of Military Force.
I'd actually heavily disagree with your point on Congress and wars because they haven't declared war since 1941. Honestly, it's about how well you argue your case. I would personally say that a lot of your answer is very broad and not specific to "oversight". However, if you've argued it well and backed it up, you'll get an A. It's about quality of the answer too.

I wrote about impeachment as well I forgot to add, what grade are you predicted for this paper
I wrote about impeachment as well I forgot to add, what grade are you predicted for this paper

Lower than previous years. Most people found the paper very difficult. it was clearly more difficult than previous years, especially the Constitution question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending