The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Chances of being accepted if my A-level results aren't as expected?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by CameroSJ

Took the words right out of my mouth.
Insurance? (nice to see you around again :wavey:)
Original post by wolfmoon88
Insurance? (nice to see you around again :wavey:)

Yup - but I've had a bad exam season, so I'm just hoping to scrape together the grades for St. Andrew's at this point. Fingers crossed. How have you been?
I'm sure you did ok :smile: don't be pessimistic yet! Fingers crossed you did well on your exams!

I've been ok! off school right now... so on holiday so that's nice :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by CameroSJ

^This^
But with the twist of if some are better and some worse than expected.
Say I got A*AB or even A*A*B when my offer is AAA how likely would I be to get in? Particularly if one of the A*s is in the subject (economics) I want to study.

I estimate I should meet the grades (I roughly work out getting A*AA, probaby just scraping the last A) but it would be comforting to know the margin of error.
Hi :smile:
How hard is it to get into the University symphony orchestra? What level is expected? What piece should I perform at the audition? I play the cello and I would love to join the orchestra but I'm scared that I'm not good enough. Are there any other musical groups available for a cellist?
Thanks a lot!
Can any current students give an honest opoinion on the BSC Economics course. Is it sapplied. Are the lecturers good at explaining things. Is it good on macroeconomics? Behvaioural economics? Econometrics? etc
Original post by Viola36
How hard is it to get into the University symphony orchestra? What level is expected? What piece should I perform at the audition? I play the cello and I would love to join the orchestra but I'm scared that I'm not good enough. Are there any other musical groups available for a cellist?
Thanks a lot!

What grade are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FHollyT
What grade are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not from the UK and we have a different system but I've been playing for 7 years.
Original post by Viola36
Thanks a lot!

Actually, can I second this question? I'm a violinist and should (hopefully) have Grade 8 by the end of the summer. I'm shaky in auditions, I get very very nervous, so I'm worried that I'll end up not being able to do any ensembles at uni.
Are you wanting to go to St. Andrews next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FHollyT
Are you wanting to go to St. Andrews next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's my insurance, but I suspect I may well be there. I know Saint Andrew's has some amazing ensembles, I just don't know if I can get into any..
I'm sure you will with grade 8. I'm going to be going my grade 8's in harp and piano this year too:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FHollyT
I'm sure you will with grade 8. I'm going to be going my grade 8's in harp and piano this year too:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Another harpist! (I'm only grade 4 though lol). Are you going next year?
If I get in, yeah😂 where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FHollyT
If I get in, yeah😂 where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Down south, you?

Oh nice, not far to go then (and free tuition :smile:). Which course?
Ahahah yeah, woo🎉 Marine biology, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending