The Student Room Group

textile design gcse sewing machine

Do you need to buy a sewing machine to take Textile Design as gcse? My sewing skills are not great never touched a sewing machine at home . any idea what would be a good buy ? my budget is £100.
Original post by Laboromniavincit
Do you need to buy a sewing machine to take Textile Design as gcse? My sewing skills are not great never touched a sewing machine at home . any idea what would be a good buy ? my budget is £100.

No, you don't need to buy your own - the equipment you need will be in school.

I'd use their machines and find out which suit you before you buy one.
Original post by Muttley79
No, you don't need to buy your own - the equipment you need will be in school.

I'd use their machines and find out which suit you before you buy one.

Thanks for your advice. Did you take Textiles as your GCSE ? I am in desperate need for some revision notes , I am on AQA board . I have still not bought any book but would like to do some reading to get myself acquainted with the subject. Please could you help or point me in the right direction?
Original post by Laboromniavincit
Thanks for your advice. Did you take Textiles as your GCSE ? I am in desperate need for some revision notes , I am on AQA board . I have still not bought any book but would like to do some reading to get myself acquainted with the subject. Please could you help or point me in the right direction?

I'm a maths teacher but did Needlework [as it was called then].

When the Textiles teacher was ill then I had to help out with lessons! I still make things and help with costumes for the school play.

Try googling for AQA revision notes or go to a library -

Quick Reply

Latest