The Student Room Group

Cops ram teenagers on moped by 'accident'

Some kids stole a moped last Wednesday, and committed an attempted armed robbery (with large knives) early this morning. A police helicopter was tracking them as they made their getaway, and by sheer good fortune, a police car hit them (or it seems like they hit the back of the police car like idiots) and put them in hospital.

What do you think? Even if the cops rammed the armed robbers deliberately to disable the vehicle (and the incident has been referred to the police watchdog, hopefully just to decide why they weren't being actively pursued on the ground), I would have no problem. As a resident of London, I would like to voice my support for the Met(ropolitan Police) being permitted to use their vehicles to stop getaway vehicles, particularly those involved in knife and other lethal crime.

Edit: Article
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Love it
Reply 2
The police should be allowed to execute law breakers on the spot like Judge Dredd.
Original post by Maker
The police should be allowed to execute law breakers on the spot like Judge Dredd.

Feel free to live somewhere like Russia or Saudi Arabia.

Thankfully in this country, the police uphold and are accountable to the law. It is for judges to decide on the punishment. If you want to live in a society that still executes potentially innocent mentally ill people, move to the US.
Article?
Reply 5
Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Article?

Probably this one
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40624453

Thanks. :five:

I was to lazy to try and find it myself.
Reply 7
As long as they "accidentally" run them over afterwards.
Reply 8
Article?

Oops
Reply 9
Thanks. :five:

I was to lazy to try and find it myself.

Boom! :five:
Original post by Doonesbury
Boom! :five:

Team effort. :congrats:
Reply 11
Team effort. :congrats:

Not really - I did all the effort :tongue:
Original post by Doonesbury
Not really - I did all the effort :tongue:

True, but think of it as a class project, you're the one who did all the work but everyone else sticks their name on it. :wink:
Reply 13
True, but think of it as a class project, you're the one who did all the work but everyone else sticks there name on it. :wink:

LOL.
Reply 14
Original post by ByEeek
Feel free to live somewhere like Russia or Saudi Arabia.

Thankfully in this country, the police uphold and are accountable to the law. It is for judges to decide on the punishment. If you want to live in a society that still executes potentially innocent mentally ill people, move to the US.

The police will be replaced by judges, hence Judge Dredd, duh!
Original post by Maker
The police will be replaced by judges, hence Judge Dredd, duh!

I stay stick to your comics young-un.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending