The Student Room Group

Conservatism is the New Counterculture™

Conservatism is the new counterculture

Liberals (who aren't even real liberals - classical liberals are actually liberals and so called liberals are cultural Marxists) have spewed out so much rubbish like banning male and female in words e.g. Transport for London announcements, always talking about social constructs, 'isms, phobias and prejudices and having preferred groups which can do no wrong and questionable groups like males, whites, and Christians. If there are any facts that contradict their belief system they act like cry-babies and go into a safe space where they can’t here the horrid hateful message.

They are led by people who study Liberal arts, live with their parents in gated white communities and rage about diversity. Any inconvenient truths that are told to them are filtered out, things like protected groups doing bad things, or Christians doing good things. They like to talk about things that they call "issues" like Transphobia. They like to deconstruct "traditional stereotypes" and rid the world of evil prejudice. They would love to equalise things, for example they would love to see men have babies. If they could invent a technology to make this possible, they would love it. They produced an MTV New Year’s message called “A message to white people”. They use language to try and change culture, usually phrases like "deconstruction" or "that's just a social construct". It sounds clever. I have described so far the trendy liberal.

There is also the hard-core anarchist animal. They have a front but inside, and when they are being honest they refer to Marxist concepts such as destroying every brick of this society. They enjoy fighting with police and you might find them at a G20 event (without an invite) or at anti-racist marches fighting with the police (which is the actual intention). They don't really believe in reversing transphobia or gender role reductionism, rather it’s a useful tool, for useful idiots, to attack the culture that they hate so much.

Is it any wonder that Conservatism is the new counter culture. I personally don’t think it’s any wonder.

Jonny Rotten, the voice of the anti-establishment punk generation agreed that Conservatism is the new counterculture.

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Conservatism is not a counterculture lol.
Reply 2
Original post by Castro Saint
Conservatism is not a counterculture lol.

Well it is when Marxist dogma / ultra liberalism has become the normal newspeak of things like the BBC. Undermining that I.e. Conservatism in this sense is a counterculture.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by User10001
Well it is when Marxist dogma / ultra liberalism has become the normal newspeak of things like the BBC. Undermining that I.e. Conservatism in this sense is a counterculture.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are living in a country governed by "The Conservative Party"

+ the BBC is not as left leaning as you make it out to be either. At all.
It can't be a counter culture if it is the dominant culture. Given that we are currently living under a conservative government.... need I say anymore?
Reply 5
We might have a Conservative government but liberals and the left have been winning the culture wars. Look at entertainment and media and you can see who has been winning. There is a new conservative counterculture now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
have spewed out so much rubbish like banning male and female in words e.g. Transport for London announcements, always talking about social constructs, 'isms, phobias and prejudices and having preferred groups which can do no wrong and questionable groups like males, whites, and Christians.

I am always amused by the counter rage over the language that people like yourself call "political correctness". For decades minorities have been put down by socially acceptable derogatory terms. Thankfully there is now a movement towards equality and respect to everyone and you are up in arms. I find this ironic because you are now experiencing the same feelings that many in minorities have experienced their whole life.

Why does "Good morning everyone" offend you so much? If you don't identify as a lady or a gentleman, it is completely a meaningless phrase.
Reply 7
Original post by ByEeek
I am always amused by the counter rage over the language that people like yourself call "political correctness". For decades minorities have been put down by socially acceptable derogatory terms. Thankfully there is now a movement towards equality and respect to everyone and you are up in arms. I find this ironic because you are now experiencing the same feelings that many in minorities have experienced their whole life.

Why does "Good morning everyone" offend you so much? If you don't identify as a lady or a gentleman, it is completely a meaningless phrase.

Who cares about people offending people. No one cares except liberals and hardly anyone gets offended anyway. It's just a massive liberal overreaction. It's liberals taking offence on behalf of other people who are usually not offended.

But liberals have negated their argument anyway because they are happy to use word like yank, ignorant Christians, populist (to generalise against popular opinion they disagree with), and right wing people ("Nazis")

Generalising and stereotyping is terrible against protected groups but encourages against non-protected groups.

A few years back I actually wrote a process flow for how liberals think. The use cases are negative statement against race, gender, religion, sexuality. If the object parameter is white / male / Christian / heterosexual then it's not offensive. If the object parameter if black / female / Muslim or gay then you need to see who is saying it. If the person saying it is white / male / Christian / heterosexual then if you don't like them you need to take offence in behalf of group, otherwise no action needed.

It is literally a process flow like this that goes on in liberals heads.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
No it is not.

However there are some on the modern right who have borrowed heavily from SJWs. They see themselves as special snowflakes (broflakes?). They love playing the victim. They like their identity politics. They are easily offended. Etc. You see it all the time when they prattle on about feminists/cultural Marxists/whatever victimising them because they are white males. It is even more comical when they start blaming others for their own lack of sexual success.

Then there is their love of conspiracy theories and selective cherry picking to fit the world they've constructed while sitting in their mother's basements.

Really they just need to grow a pair of balls and start taking vitamin D supplements.
Who cares about people offending people.

That sums you up. As long as I'm alright jack. I just hope you never come unstuck because in the society you want to live in, no one would come to your aid in your time of need.

Why are you aggressive against people who do care, who do want to be inclusive and respectful? Do you say, "F*** you" to people who hold the door for you?
Reply 10
Original post by ByEeek
That sums you up. As long as I'm alright jack. I just hope you never come unstuck because in the society you want to live in, no one would come to your aid in your time of need.

Why are you aggressive against people who do care, who do want to be inclusive and respectful? Do you say, "F*** you" to people who hold the door for you?

Because liberals don't want to address real problem like acid attacks or the migrant sexual assault epidemic, only snowflake "issues" like transphobia or absolute terrors like Kevin from Maidstone having said something negative about some non-white nationality.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because liberals don't want to address real problem like acid attacks or the migrant sexual assault epidemic, only snowflake "issues" like transphobia or absolute terrors like Kevin from Maidstone having said something negative about some non-white nationality.

Would you care to name one person who says we shouldn't tackle crime, liberal or otherwise? The police are responsible for tackling crime and it is your dear conservatives and their obsession with cutting everything that may well be partially responsible for the surge of crime of late. But just because there is a crime wave going on does not mean we should ignore absolutely everything else. The world is not mono-faceted. It is possible to tackle crime and foster a respectful and inclusive society. In fact, I would advocate that the later feeds into a reduction for the former. If we take your "who cares" argument then why do you care about acid attack victims if you are not a victim yourself?
(edited 6 years ago)
To a certain degree the author of this post is correct, I think its entirely down to perception. I perceive it to be about society not economics here in Britain- after all we have voted in a tory government of some capacity the last 3 elections. What I think the author of the post is trying to get at is that specifically the millenials in society who was growing reaching adulthood in the Blair/ Brown days are social justice warriors, then add on top of this anyone who votes for the Liberal Democrats on a regular basis. In my opinion even the Tory politicians have gone social justice warrior, they used to oppose immigration, they used to be anti abortion, anti gay rights- I' m not saying i am against any of these issues but if liberals are covering the media and pushing out there propaganda- as per the BBC and criticising the working class who have more conservative social views there is an whole aspect of SJW's becoming the main culture within Britain- so can no longer be the counter culture. Whether this is true or not i do not know, it appears that way down to the left always screaming louder than the right. I will be making a separate topic at some point today in regards to society and the left.
Original post by Getinthegutter
To a certain degree the author of this post is correct, I think its entirely down to perception. I perceive it to be about society not economics here in Britain- after all we have voted in a tory government of some capacity the last 3 elections. What I think the author of the post is trying to get at is that specifically the millenials in society who was growing reaching adulthood in the Blair/ Brown days are social justice warriors, then add on top of this anyone who votes for the Liberal Democrats on a regular basis. In my opinion even the Tory politicians have gone social justice warrior, they used to oppose immigration, they used to be anti abortion, anti gay rights- I' m not saying i am against any of these issues but if liberals are covering the media and pushing out there propaganda- as per the BBC and criticising the working class who have more conservative social views there is an whole aspect of SJW's becoming the main culture within Britain- so can no longer be the counter culture. Whether this is true or not i do not know, it appears that way down to the left always screaming louder than the right. I will be making a separate topic at some point today in regards to society and the left.

The SJW belief system has slowly crept into politics and media so much that it is now demanded.

As soon as someone is elected that doesn't buy into this SJW belief system, meaning Trump, there is a massive violent reaction: how dare someone think that Western countries can control their borders.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Banneduser
The SJW belief system has slowly crept into politics and media so much that it is now demanded.

As soon as someone is elected that doesn't buy into this SJW belief system, meaning Trump, there is a massive violent reaction: how dare someone think that Western countries can control their borders.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will give you an example, after the Manchester arena terrorist attack sections of the media was more worried that white people would retaliate then the victims of the attack
Original post by Getinthegutter
I will give you an example, after the Manchester arena terrorist attack sections of the media was more worried that white people would retaliate then the victims of the attack

And any time there are epidemics of crime by migrants, some SJW woman from Oxford University appears on TV claiming that she is more afraid of the "far-right".

(She's not very afraid of the "far-right" in Palestine, Tibet or various African or South American countries that need to stand up for their national and indigenous interests).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
We might have a Conservative government but liberals and the left have been winning the culture wars. Look at entertainment and media and you can see who has been winning. There is a new conservative counterculture now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So where is the counterculture?
Original post by Quady
So where is the counterculture?

Me, the alt right movement, Alex Jones, Mark Dice, Paul Joesph Watson, Milo Yianopolis, Richard Spender, Generation Identitaire, American Renaissance, American Freedom Party, UKIP, Brexit, Trump, Jonny Rotten from the Sex Pistols and many more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Banneduser
Me, the alt right movement, Alex Jones, Mark Dice, Paul Joesph Watson, Milo Yianopolis, Richard Spender, Generation Identitaire, American Renaissance, American Freedom Party, UKIP, Brexit, Trump, Jonny Rotten from the Sex Pistols and many more

Posted from TSR Mobile

Since you're #1

Who are you?
What demonstrates your culture?
Original post by Quady
Since you're #1

Who are you?
What demonstrates your culture?

I am a management consultant, professional investor, father of two young children a and resident of Surrey who is interested in philosophy, ideas and challenging orthodoxies.

My culture is represented by the pioneering spirit and consciousness that built the west, our spirit and essence and questioning the left wing ideas and ideals of always seeking the other rather than the self that is present in the west today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending