The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Will anyone be staying at Tudor studios in 2017/18?

I've just put my deposit down for Tudor studios as the rooms are spacious, and very cheap considering what they include, but as I'm in a studio room and not on campus (and it will be my first year) I'm really worried about not meeting anyone!
Original post by Kelsieegan
I've just put my deposit down for Tudor studios as the rooms are spacious, and very cheap considering what they include, but as I'm in a studio room and not on campus (and it will be my first year) I'm really worried about not meeting anyone!

If its possible I would very strongly recommend not going to Tudor. Most of my friends are there currently and it is not a good place to stay. The student unions of both DMU and Leicester are involved in talks with the managment. The room may be cheap but its honestly not worth the money. It is in a very dodgy location, multiple stabbings have taken place including inside the building. Security is non existent, the place keeps getting trashed and managment couldnt care less. The gym and common room that were promised to my friends last year still have not been made as people keep trashing the building. Freezers have still not been issued to all residents despite promises being made months ago. If you can ditch Tudor, its a huge trek from dmu, in a dodgy location and youre not getting your moneys worth. If youre set on a studio I highly recommend Lumis which is brand new purpose built for this year, and everything looks great. Evans is also great as is Code though I would urge you to be wary with code as I have heard that ulilities and internet are not included. If you're looking for shared accomodation theres great options st martins is great, pretty quiet, the grange is decent. Most of dmu official accom is great but give Filbert a wide berth. Its so terrible even the receptionist at another unite building told us he wouldnt recomment it for a girl. Merlin heights has great rooms and if you want to book a room with them I know someone thats trying to find someone to take over thier tenancy, the booking fee has been paid and as she booked ear;y theres an additional £100 off the total rent. Happy accomodation hunting, feel free to send me a message if you want more info on any accom x
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Kelsieegan

Hey,
I stayed at Tudor last year and I'm doing another year there. Only because its cheap. Everything about the accommodation is ok. But I will only be there during the week as i'll go home during the weekends.
Its not too far from uni its about a 15 minute walk. I wouldn't worry about not meeting people, because you certainly will at university and a lot of the students at tudor will be first years who have got places last minute.
I wouldn't worry to much about being away from campus, but you'll probably find you have friends at uni and separate friends at your accommodation.
Enjoy your first year though.
Reply 3
Original post by Fastfoodjunkii
If its possible I would very strongly recommend not going to Tudor. Most of my friends are there currently and it is not a good place to stay. The student unions of both DMU and Leicester are involved in talks with the managment. The room may be cheap but its honestly not worth the money. It is in a very dodgy location, multiple stabbings have taken place including inside the building. Security is non existent, the place keeps getting trashed and managment couldnt care less. The gym and common room that were promised to my friends last year still have not been made as people keep trashing the building. Freezers have still not been issued to all residents despite promises being made months ago. If you can ditch Tudor, its a huge trek from dmu, in a dodgy location and youre not getting your moneys worth. If youre set on a studio I highly recommend Lumis which is brand new purpose built for this year, and everything looks great. Evans is also great as is Code though I would urge you to be wary with code as I have heard that ulilities and internet are not included. If you're looking for shared accomodation theres great options st martins is great, pretty quiet, the grange is decent. Most of dmu official accom is great but give Filbert a wide berth. Its so terrible even the receptionist at another unite building told us he wouldnt recomment it for a girl. Merlin heights has great rooms and if you want to book a room with them I know someone thats trying to find someone to take over thier tenancy, the booking fee has been paid and as she booked ear;y theres an additional £100 off the total rent. Happy accomodation hunting, feel free to send me a message if you want more info on any accom x

I've also payed my deposit, I want to know what to large studio is like and if the gym and common room is done yet. Cos if it isn't why are they saying it on the website. How annoying
Reply 4
Hi, im going through the same thing where i am very close to outting a deposit down for tudor studios but everyone seems agaisnt it
Reply 5
Original post by Snichols
Hey,
I stayed at Tudor last year and I'm doing another year there. Only because its cheap. Everything about the accommodation is ok. But I will only be there during the week as i'll go home during the weekends.
Its not too far from uni its about a 15 minute walk. I wouldn't worry about not meeting people, because you certainly will at university and a lot of the students at tudor will be first years who have got places last minute.
I wouldn't worry to much about being away from campus, but you'll probably find you have friends at uni and separate friends at your accommodation.
Enjoy your first year though.

Hey, I'm going there this year, do they have a gym and cinema room? And what are the studio rooms like as I've put a deposit down for a large studio
Reply 6
I'm moving into Tudor studios next weekend on Saturday. Anyone down to meet up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending