The Student Room Group

Application checklist/What do I need to apply for medicine?

Hey guys, I was wondering what I would need to apply for medicine and what the universities are looking for. e.g. personal statement, work experience, UKCAT, required grades. is there anything else I would need in order to make a competitive application?
any help and a full checklist would be greatly appreciated.
bump
Original post by zahmed123
Hey guys, I was wondering what I would need to apply for medicine and what the universities are looking for. e.g. personal statement, work experience, UKCAT, required grades. is there anything else I would need in order to make a competitive application?
any help and a full checklist would be greatly appreciated.

You have said everything you need for a competitive application to medicine. What I would say is you need to look at the criteria for each university you apply to specifically as they all want slightly different things. Some don't read your personal statement, whereas some put a lot of emphasis on it. Some prefer a certain type of work experience...ect. You just need to make sure you know exactly what each university is looking for. If you get through to an interview then the likelihood is that whether or not you get in is then based on the interview alone (as you are required to meet all the criteria you mentioned just to get an interview). I would advise a lot of practice interviews. Get as many different friends, family and teachers to do mock interviews with you.

Hope this helps and best of luck!!
Original post by bellamaria
You have said everything you need for a competitive application to medicine. What I would say is you need to look at the criteria for each university you apply to specifically as they all want slightly different things. Some don't read your personal statement, whereas some put a lot of emphasis on it. Some prefer a certain type of work experience...ect. You just need to make sure you know exactly what each university is looking for. If you get through to an interview then the likelihood is that whether or not you get in is then based on the interview alone (as you are required to meet all the criteria you mentioned just to get an interview). I would advise a lot of practice interviews. Get as many different friends, family and teachers to do mock interviews with you.

Hope this helps and best of luck!!

Thanks a lot for this you've helped a lot!

No worries!😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending