The Student Room Group

Please help me!!!!!!

I did Maths-GCE, Further Maths-IAL and Physics-IAL.
I cashed in for all the 3 subjects, but I only got the final grade and score for maths and physics. The university also received only my maths and physics grades. When I called my examination centre, they are telling me that I have to do 6 more units because I did GCE in Maths and IAL in further maths. However, in the specification it states that I need only 6 units for further maths. I am totally helpless. I need to send the university a reply by tomorrow. Please help me guys.
Reply 1
Original post by suwakeesh
I cashed in for all the 3 subjects, but I only got the final grade and score for maths and physics. The university also received only my maths and physics grades. When I called my examination centre, they are telling me that I have to do 6 more units because I did GCE in Maths and IAL in further maths. However, in the specification it states that I need only 6 units for further maths. I am totally helpless. I need to send the university a reply by tomorrow. Please help me guys.

Hi, there. I'm sorry to hear about this. Have you spoken to the exam officer at your sixth form/college about this and explained explicitly that the specification states you only need 6 units for Further Maths? Hopefully they can clear up any misunderstanding - I think it would be best if your sixth form/college also contacted your University about this. Hope this is helpful. :smile:

Which units did you do?
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
Which units did you do?

Maths-C1, C2, C3, C4, M1, S1
Further Maths- F1, F2, F3, D1, M2, S2
Reply 4
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Hi, there. I'm sorry to hear about this. Have you spoken to the exam officer at your sixth form/college about this and explained explicitly that the specification states you only need 6 units for Further Maths? Hopefully they can clear up any misunderstanding - I think it would be best if your sixth form/college also contacted your University about this. Hope this is helpful. :smile:

I have to call the university regarding this. My examination centre is not helping me out. They are telling that we cannot send mails to the university and they have stopped it sometime back. Damn I am totally helpless. The university might not even accept me. Damn I am running out of options.
Reply 5
I have to call the university regarding this. My examination centre is not helping me out. They are telling that we cannot send mails to the university and they have stopped it sometime back. Damn I am totally helpless. The university might not even accept me. Damn I am running out of options.

Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully someone else can help. :smile:
Reply 6
Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully someone else can help. :smile:

Would the university consider if I talk to them about this problem?
Maths-C1, C2, C3, C4, M1, S1
Further Maths- F1, F2, F3, D1, M2, S2

I think it is probably a misunderstanding because you've taken different boards for Maths and F Maths. What does the exams officer say? Have any of your friends got results in F Maths?
Reply 8
Would the university consider if I talk to them about this problem?

Explain the situation to them and just see what they say about it.
Reply 9
Original post by Muttley79
I think it is probably a misunderstanding because you've taken different boards for Maths and F Maths. What does the exams officer say? Have any of your friends got results in F Maths?

All my friends they either did GCE or IAL for maths and further maths and they got the results. It is not a mix like me.
Reply 10
Explain the situation to them and just see what they say about it.

OK Thanks. I hope they would understand my situation. If there is any helpful information you can give me, please do send it to me as soon as possible.
All my friends they either did GCE or IAL for maths and further maths and they got the results. It is not a mix like me.

Contact your exams officer ASAP - why didn't you notice on results day? It might also be worth contacting exam boards.

Quick Reply

Latest