The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government And Politics Unit 3 6GP03 A-D & Unit 4 6GP04 A-D 12 & 20 Jun 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CALLUM_1999
So would I, but that's why it's good that such hard questions were set last year, it means there shod be a 45 marker on terrorism which is the easiest subject

Yea well that is what I hope will happen because if I was sitting last years exam I would have just got up and left because those 45 markers are ridiculous.
Possibly Clash of civilisations
Maybe terrorism due to events which occurred during 2015 and the start of 2016 as the papers are written a year before you actually take them.
15 markers I have no idea sadly, they could be anything, I feel as though they will rape me, or if the 45 is any topic other than the 1st.
But then looking at the last couple of years, topic 1 came up 5 years in a row as a 45 marker and 2016 was the separation in which it didn't, so it could be a couple years gap in which it won't come up again.
Original post by FelixAddy
But then looking at the last couple of years, topic 1 came up 5 years in a row as a 45 marker and 2016 was the separation in which it didn't, so it could be a couple years gap in which it won't come up again.

Sorry im not entirely sure what you mean please could you explain it? Cheers
Topic 1, Conflict, War and Terrorism came up as a 45marker from June 2010 to June 2015, so Im saying that it has appeared very frequently and last year may have been the start of a break for Topic 1 and more of a focus for other other three topics.
Im only saying this because as much as I want topic 1 to come up, I have high doubts because it is the easier topic.
But if it has any correlation with Unit 3 which was a very nice paper, then it may come up as the exam board may feel as though they want to be nice, or Unit 3 was a tease, and Unit 4 is just gonna fu-ck us all.
Unit 4. D was piss. 15 markers were worded weirdly but fine.

I did North South divide, human rights different meaning and neo colonialism.

45 marker- are human rights adequately protected
Original post by junky27
Unit 4. D was piss. 15 markers were worded weirdly but fine.

I did North South divide, human rights different meaning and neo colonialism.

45 marker- are human rights adequately protected

What did you put for the Human right 15 marker question?
Original post by berto2456
What did you put for the Human right 15 marker question?

Sharia law and religion resulting in a different meaning in Middle East. Saudi Arabia refusing to sign 48 Declaration and also Cairo Declaration in 93

Asian values- Asia different meaning as they place sovereignty and the national good above the rights of the individual. Bangkok Declaration

Did some more can't remember
Original post by junky27
Sharia law and religion resulting in a different meaning in Middle East. Saudi Arabia refusing to sign 48 Declaration and also Cairo Declaration in 93

Asian values- Asia different meaning as they place sovereignty and the national good above the rights of the individual. Bangkok Declaration

Did some more can't remember

Nice nice, i think i got that. Thanks
Reply 48
what grades did people get?
Got a B somehow absolutely fuming. was sure I had got an a*
Reply 50
Original post by junky27

Must be a tough blow. Got a B last year and ended up with an A* so I guess life is full of surprises
Thrilled with my result! Got an A* at 200/200 UMS, leaving me with 400/400 UMS over the two years.
Reply 52
Original post by xBasedChris
Thrilled with my result! Got an A* at 200/200 UMS, leaving me with 400/400 UMS over the two years.

well done! do you have any notes or know of any places i can get good notes for unit 3a UK political issues?
Original post by preeyaa
well done! do you have any notes or know of any places i can get good notes for unit 3a UK political issues?

Thanks :smile: I'm afraid that I didn't do that module, and always made my own notes - so I don't know of any good resources from which to download some.

do you any 3d/4d notes I could have? sitting the paper this year and my notes are really bad x
Original post by alexbirungi
do you any 3d/4d notes I could have? sitting the paper this year and my notes are really bad x

Are those the US Politics modules?

no the global politics ones
Original post by alexbirungi
no the global politics ones

Sorry, I didn't do those.
What were the questiosn for this paper [need them for mocks]

Original post by jenkinsonella
What were the questiosn for this paper [need them for mocks]

Original post by hyelloh
Must be a tough blow. Got a B last year and ended up with an A* so I guess life is full of surprises

Original post by junky27

Hi. where can we find concrete examples for every topic for the old spec known as legacy papers ? AS (UK poltics) and A2 (US Politics)? there is simply no time to study properly from scratch by reading the textbook so I think the best thing is to simply study the notes and examples for each topic. Please help. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending