The Student Room Group

3 Large Dominos pizza's..... enough for 11-20 guests?

Well... that's it really🤷🏾*♀️

For context I'm throwing a party for a flat m8 with so far 11 people definitely turning up and the other few bound to probably show (not all, but atleast 3-6 more).... I'm planning on getting three large Dominos (England) pizzas, would this be enough?
For 20 people there'll be less than 2 slices for each.

some party, smh
It would be enough for me. Get some more for everyone else.

On a serious note we normally have 8 to 10 in our office and get 3 or 4 large pizzas for lunch sometimes so maybe get 1 or 2 more.
Original post by Trihawk7
For 20 people there'll be less than 2 slices for each.

some party, smh

Original post by Guru Jason
It would be enough for me. Get some more for everyone else.

On a serious note we normally have 8 to 10 in our office and get 3 or 4 large pizzas for lunch sometimes so maybe get 1 or 2 more.

Urrrrrrgggghhh, ok thanks.... I'm not made out of moneyyyy thoooooogh.

Guru, how many in your office?
Original post by Tizzytizzie

It varies between 8 to 10. Never more than 14 at any one time depending on who's doing what. They don't east much. I know papa John do buy on get one free sometimes and I know dominoes do the 3 for 20 quid so may be worth having a look. I fairness you could probable get away with 3 large.
Thank you, I'm currently looking at a 50% of online deal... so if i stretch it to 4 pizzas than I'm paying about *gulp* £40.

I feel abit guilty, but I might suggest to the people going if they'd prefer an extra pizza or a cake. 😅 #studentlife.
Sorry *£31.98 .... not AS bad
Thank you, I'm currently looking at a 50% of online deal... so if i stretch it to 4 pizzas than I'm paying about *gulp* £40.

I feel abit guilty, but I might suggest to the people going if they'd prefer an extra pizza or a cake. 😅 #studentlife.

Why not try finger food or a buffet style as you could prolly feed more if done right on a budget.

With pizza, the popular one goes first then people begrudgingly go for the second and the unpopular one get left is usually how it goes lol. Just a suggestion anyway.

get supermarket pizzas
Wow..I really am a greedy pig huh?
Get papa johns if it's in your area, they do an offer of 3 XXL pizzas for £30, and their XXL pizzas are pretty damn big. It's also nicer than dominoes.

Could also look into local pizza places
Original post by Guru Jason
Why not try finger food or a buffet style as you could prolly feed more if done right on a budget.

With pizza, the popular one goes first then people begrudgingly go for the second and the unpopular one get left is usually how it goes lol. Just a suggestion anyway.

Yes, I was thinking of doing that... might pop to Iceland or something ... hopefully the finger food tastes decent enough and contains a lot so I could just wack them in the oven/grill.

Original post by AtomicBlonde
get supermarket pizzas

Thanks, will consider this alongside the finger food.
Reply 12
Well... that's it really🤷🏾*♀️

For context I'm throwing a party for a flat m8 with so far 11 people definitely turning up and the other few bound to probably show (not all, but atleast 3-6 more).... I'm planning on getting three large Dominos (England) pizzas, would this be enough?

go Lidl, you can get a pizza for around £1

divide each pizza into 6 slices

buy 8 pizza's

that's 48 slices

if 20 people show up that's about 2 slices each.

it would stretch to 3 if you were willing to buy a couple more pizza's

tbh, all that cooking will probably be too much.
probably better to just buy it lol. I don't know how much slices is in a large domino's pizza but make sure you do your maths and make sure there's enough for 20 people to get at least 2 slices each, ...preferably 3
That's between 1/4 and 1/3rd of a pizza each, man. You'll run out for sure.

Quick Reply

Latest