The Student Room Group

Tips for gcse drama

Hey! In yr 10 and wanted to know any tips or advice to excel in Gcse drama! Im doing well in drama currently and i just want to ensure i get a grade 8/9. Any tips from previous A* gcse drama students?! Thank You!!

Btw my exam board is ocr:biggrin:
Original post by A.N123
Hey! In yr 10 and wanted to know any tips or advice to excel in Gcse drama! Im doing well in drama currently and i just want to ensure i get a grade 8/9. Any tips from previous A* gcse drama students?! Thank You!!

Btw my exam board is ocr:biggrin:

Hello,

I am currently a grade 9 student in drama (year 11).

DEVISED *piece: When you get your stimulus, please think outside of the box! The more creative and well thought out your performance is, the higher marks you’ll receive. Please consider practitioner influence carefully (however this could change) because students tend to mix up practitioners.

Your acting style needs to be unique! You need to ensure you are different from the rest of your class. Make sure you focus on body language and facial expressions. Trust me - this is key to get a high grade. Consider the use of vocal awareness (whispers, cries, laughs, giggles etc..).

Examiners love sound scapes!!!!!

Please use breathing techniques whenever acting. These sound skills really enhance your performance.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by alfie0101
Hello,

I am currently a grade 9 student in drama (year 11).

DEVISED *piece: When you get your stimulus, please think outside of the box! The more creative and well thought out your performance is, the higher marks you’ll receive. Please consider practitioner influence carefully (however this could change) because students tend to mix up practitioners.

Your acting style needs to be unique! You need to ensure you are different from the rest of your class. Make sure you focus on body language and facial expressions. Trust me - this is key to get a high grade. Consider the use of vocal awareness (whispers, cries, laughs, giggles etc..).

Examiners love sound scapes!!!!!

Please use breathing techniques whenever acting. These sound skills really enhance your performance.

Thank You so much!!!!! All the best at Gcse! Hope you get that 9!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest