The Student Room Group

Chances at Oxbridge

it has always been a passion of mine to attend oxford or Cambridge, I've just started year 12 and I'm a bit intimidated by the GCSE results of my peers
I Got
Maths 9
Eng lang 8
Eng lit 8
Science core A
Science additional A
History A
Philosophy A
Further maths A*
Economics B
Italian B
Re B
Do you think these results are oxbridge worthy BTW I'm doing Maths,FM,psychology nd physics for A level
You have good results. More important will be your A-Level results, so make sure you get the A*A*A you'll need (assuming you're applying for a science/maths subject).

If you go to a state school without a tradition of sending students to top unis, check out the Shadowing Scheme, where you can follow a current student for 3 days and go to lectures etc. https://www.applytocambridge.com/shadowing/apply/
Your GCSE results are good, Cambridge cares very little for GCSE performance, and they're adequate for Oxford except perhaps for PPE or Medicine which are more competitive than other courses - but even then that could be ameliorated by excellent performance in relevant admissions assessments and good academic reference.
Original post by Paralove
You have good results. More important will be your A-Level results, so make sure you get the A*A*A you'll need (assuming you're applying for a science/maths subject).

If you go to a state school without a tradition of sending students to top unis, check out the Shadowing Scheme, where you can follow a current student for 3 days and go to lectures etc. https://www.applytocambridge.com/shadowing/apply/

Can you participate in this scheme if you are in year 13?
Original post by Bob Stanley

No, it's only for Y12.

yes
Reply 6

You've missed the Y13 Oxbridge deadline so why would you want to go on the shadowing scheme?

It's designed for Y12, although they have started a version for mature applicants too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending