The Student Room Group

Clintons funded Dodgy Russia Dossier on Trump

Including the infamous Golden Showers accusation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41752908
(edited 6 years ago)
so Mr Trump is accused of having a solid gold shower ? i can believe that ... conspicous consumption but not really a crime :dontknow:
The biggest joke in American politics is that everyone, the DNC, the Clintons, the Podesta group, they have all been colluding with Russia, all except Trump.

We have compelling evidence now of all of the others hand in glove with Russia but no proof of any Trump involvement.

Does no one else find that rather stunning?
Reply 3
Original post by astutehirstute
The biggest joke in American politics is that everyone, the DNC, the Clintons, the Podesta group, they have all been colluding with Russia, all except Trump.

We have compelling evidence now of all of the others hand in glove with Russia but no proof of any Trump involvement.

Does no one else find that rather stunning?

Any links to the evidence that you claim to exist?

Considering that Putin actually supports trump during the election makes your theory implausible, since if Russia were to collude the democrats, then not only would it back-stab Trump, but it would not be something that Putin would have wanted.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by stoyfan

Considering that Putin actually supports trump during the election makes your theory implausible, since if Russia were to collude the democrats, then not only would it back-stab Trump, but it would not be something that Putin would have wanted.

The Democrats had been in power for 8 years prior, and Hillary looked like she'd win the election. Of course the Russians would at least try to get some deals going.

I'm aware of FBI investigations into Russian connections with Podesta, and a Congress investigation into bribery around the Obama administration's approval of Russia's purchase of 20% of a company controlling much of the US's Uranium.

It is as much evidence against the as Trump has; that is, no proof.

Apart from one his closest friends / advisers having regular meetings with the Russian ambassador causing him to quit. Can't remember his name though. I guess it is a sign of a stable administration that has seen so many people being fired or having had to resign to try and stave off even more scandal?
Original post by stoyfan

You don’t seem very up on the subject.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/355749-fbi-uncovered-russian-bribery-plot-before-obama-administration
Original post by ByEeek
Apart from one his closest friends / advisers having regular meetings with the Russian ambassador causing him to quit. Can't remember his name though. I guess it is a sign of a stable administration that has seen so many people being fired or having had to resign to try and stave off even more scandal?

No evidence of collusion with Trump himself has ever been found. And a lot of people are spending a lot of time trying. Whereas we now know the FBI funded this dodgy dossier compiled by the former head of MI6’s Russia desk.

Who was meant to benefit from that? Crooked Hilary.

You do the maths.
No evidence of collusion with Trump himself has ever been found. And a lot of people are spending a lot of time trying. Whereas we now know the FBI funded this dodgy dossier compiled by the former head of MI6’s Russia desk.

Who was meant to benefit from that? Crooked Hilary.

You do the maths.

This is such a dull argument. I am sure Clinton isn't particularly clean, but she didn't win. Meanwhile, we look at the Trump administration and see a country where racism is on the rise, far right groups feel safe and the country is becoming more and more divided by the day.

Meanwhile, back in Blighty there are whole departments on red alert ready to react to the sporadic and random way in which he does foreign policy. If anyone is likely to trigger WW3, it is someone like Trump and it will probably be over a tweet.

I feel less safe as a world citizen under Trump.
Original post by ByEeek
This is such a dull argument. I am sure Clinton isn't particularly clean, but she didn't win. Meanwhile, we look at the Trump administration and see a country where racism is on the rise, far right groups feel safe and the country is becoming more and more divided by the day.

Meanwhile, back in Blighty there are whole departments on red alert ready to react to the sporadic and random way in which he does foreign policy. If anyone is likely to trigger WW3, it is someone like Trump and it will probably be over a tweet.

I feel less safe as a world citizen under Trump.

The point under discussion is whether there was Trumpian collusion with Russia as the Democrats and Fake News media endlessly, endlessly claim. Nope, nothing has been unearthed, the collusion was all by the Clintons.

(Racism isn’t on the rise in the US. That is just bol locks. On the rise from when? Compared to the Jim Crow era, maybe? The Civil War?

The US is divided though. And the Democrats might want to reflect on how their inability to accept defeat, and this endless attempt to find some imaginary conspiracy between Trump and Putin, when there isn’t one, is causing that.

And if you feel less safe as a world citizen blame Obama. He led America’s retreat in the world and the problems of nuclear proliferation are due to his policy failure. The terrible deal with Iran which has immeasurably strengthened it without stopping the eventual acquisition of nukes. And the non action on North Korea which left Trump with the problem).
And the non action on North Korea which left Trump with the problem).

There's been no meaningful "action" which the US has been capable of regarding North Korea for decades.

The North Korean regime has the same goal it has always had - annex South Korean and unify the entire peninsula under their rule. That's it, that's pretty much their entire raison d'etre. The problem is that years of mixed messages from Washington and Seoul have led them to believe that South Koreans are not opposed to unification, and that it's just the Americans who are blocking it.

And if you feel less safe as a world citizen blame Obama. He led America’s retreat in the world and the problems of nuclear proliferation are due to his policy failure. The terrible deal with Iran which has immeasurably strengthened it without stopping the eventual acquisition of nukes. And the non action on North Korea which left Trump with the problem).

Hmmm - are you sure? Didn't he help broker a deal with Iran that stopped them developing nuclear weapons? That same deal Trump wants to go back on despite all his advisers objections? Then there is that small matter for fake climate change news. You know, where the world's scientific community and 200 odd countries, bar Syria have all colluded to create the conspiracy that is climate change? And then there is the small matter of escalating diplomatic crisis over N Korea.

Tell me one thing. What one thing - just one, has Trump done that has made the world or even just the US, a slightly better place? One thing that most would say - yeah - that was pretty cool - good on him? Just one.
Original post by ByEeek
Hmmm - are you sure? Didn't he help broker a deal with Iran that stopped them developing nuclear weapons? That same deal Trump wants to go back on despite all his advisers objections? Then there is that small matter for fake climate change news. You know, where the world's scientific community and 200 odd countries, bar Syria have all colluded to create the conspiracy that is climate change? And then there is the small matter of escalating diplomatic crisis over N Korea.

Tell me one thing. What one thing - just one, has Trump done that has made the world or even just the US, a slightly better place? One thing that most would say - yeah - that was pretty cool - good on him? Just one.

The Iran deal was a catastrophe, which the world will rue. The theocrats there are stronger and richer, and nothing has been done to stop them having nukes whenever they want them. Everything has been mothballed not destroyed, even if they aren’t carrying on in secret which seems likely. To trust Iran is insane, Obama was ridiculously naive.

Obama left the Middle East ( no more dumb wars he said) after the toppling of Saddam and there is a power vacuum now. It used to be filled by IS, who will be next?

As for what good will be done by Trump time will tell. The tax reforms look promising, if they get through. A reduction in the tax take will benefit America and its success will prove a good example here as we fight off the insanity of Corbyn’s tax and spend proposals.
Maybe Hilary Clinton had lessons on dodgy dossiers from Tony Blair.

As for what good will be done by Trump time will tell. The tax reforms look promising, if they get through. A reduction in the tax take will benefit America and its success will prove a good example here as we fight off the insanity of Corbyn’s tax and spend proposals.

Agreed - time will tell. So far he has done nothing. As for tax reform. My understanding was that it would only benefit the super wealthy. Sounds very American to me. America first - the rich first - screw everyone else.
Original post by anarchism101
There's been no meaningful "action" which the US has been capable of regarding North Korea for decades.

The North Korean regime has the same goal it has always had - annex South Korean and unify the entire peninsula under their rule. That's it, that's pretty much their entire raison d'etre. The problem is that years of mixed messages from Washington and Seoul have led them to believe that South Koreans are not opposed to unification, and that it's just the Americans who are blocking it.

Well in that case Trump has hardly made things worse. Unless you think that he is going to start WW3 and I must say I don’t.

Obama did nothing at all as these missile test accelerated and they worked on the nuclear programme. For eight years. Nothing. Nada. Rien.

Yet Trump is the buffoon on foreign policy and Obama the maestro. As if.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending