The Student Room Group

Maths and Biology test tomorrow. How can I remember lots of info in one night plz?

I'm utterly screwed. I have done little revision on the subjects (basically nothing) and I have my tests first day back. I really suck at maths and I can't seem to fully understand the stuff we're meant to know. I know I can't improve over night but is there any tips to get a good understanding in one night? Also for Biology we're meant to revise a lot and I read that doing an all nighter won't make you remember much. How can I remember a lot of info plus understand in one night please? If it's not possible what should I do ?(T_T:wink: I've completely screwed myself over.
Perhaps watch youtube videos. Is this a level or gcse?
Reply 2
You could try turning the information into a song? People tend to learn song lyrics faster than other text, and chances are it'll get stuck in your head.
Tak modafinil
Reply 4
For me watching maths videos really help on certain topics. And for biology ( I only did GCSE ) writing key words down and there definition really helped.

Writing down formulas or key words really help the information sink in and reading them over helps you remember.
Good luck for the test :smile:
Original post by PursuingMedicine
Perhaps watch youtube videos. Is this a level or gcse?

GCSE, thank you I've been watching some math genie videos but for biology I don't know
bunk the lesson
Reply 7
Visualisation using a memory palace or journey method.

You choose a place or route that you know very well. You then put the things you need to remember at places along that route with things to remind you of said item. This can be done in a palace/room or a journey.

For instance if you wanted to remember a shopping list in a palace you would:

Think of a room associated with those items - the kitchen, then you visualise going into the kitchen on the counter to the left of you is a huge marrow with a sheep nibbling on it, the creature jumps down and runs to the sink where it washes up the dishes, finally putting out the rubbish. This reminds you to get a marrow and a joint of lamb for dinner, washing up liquid and bin bags.

You would only have one item per place in the room, make it as huge and memorable as possible. There are lots of videos on You Tube telling you in more detail, but that is the basics. Keep running over the journey in your mind to build pathways in the brain.
(edited 6 years ago)
Thank you everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest