The Student Room Group

Super scared for apprenticeship interviews & assessment centres b

I had a telephone interview today morning and it was horrible. I prepared but when i was asked questions I gave short answers because I was so nervous& my voice was so shaky. I've applied for many apprenticeships and they all have assessment centres which I am so nervous for. I'm so so so scared for the presentation because I have social anxiety but i really want the apprenticeships I don't know what to do. I have the worst anxiety and as I'll be presenting on my own it makes me even more nervous I talk quick and my voice shakes. I want to become confident but I don't know how. I feel like everyone will be judging me & waiting for me to mess up. I feel like I'll mess up and look stupid or I'll be asked something I don't know the answer to. How can I do well in interviews and assessment centres even though I'm the shyest person ever and have the worst anxiety.
Don't be worried! I was exactly like you when I was applying, after about 10 interviews/ACs I got the hang of it and I was 1000x more confident. Take every interview/AC as an experience and enjoy the process! Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by RisingAngel-007
Don't be worried! I was exactly like you when I was applying, after about 10 interviews/ACs I got the hang of it and I was 1000x more confident. Take every interview/AC as an experience and enjoy the process! Good luck :smile:

This is really reassuring, thank you! Are you doing an apprenticeship right now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rdlewiss
This is really reassuring, thank you! Are you doing an apprenticeship right now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem, yes I started 2 weeks ago.

Good luck with your journey! You've made the right choice to do an apprenticeship.
Reply 4
Don't worry, I felt the same way when I was doing my assessment centres last year! In the AC's I went to then my feedback was that I was shy, altough I am working on this. There we're plenty of questions that I've been unable to give good anwsers to, just be honest with the assesors. The good news is I'm now on a highly competitive degree apprenticeship scheme, so as long as you're motivated for the role and course you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by X4NDER
Don't worry, I felt the same way when I was doing my assessment centres last year! In the AC's I went to then my feedback was that I was shy, altough I am working on this. There we're plenty of questions that I've been unable to give good anwsers to, just be honest with the assesors. The good news is I'm now on a highly competitive degree apprenticeship scheme, so as long as you're motivated for the role and course you'll be fine :smile:

Oh congrats! Well done in getting the apprenticeship :smile: I'm also hoping that I'll get into a degree apprenticeship scheme I've found but they just seem as if they're so competitive & necessary to be so confident!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending