The Student Room Group

Help on finding a scientific journal?

Could anyone point me in the direction of a (preferably) free peer reviewed article on the impacts of global warming on a cold country? Such as countries in the arctic tundra, Alaska, Greenland etc...

I appreciate it may be a fairly broad subject area but anything which resembles this would be helpful! I am struggling!

Thanks
Reply 1
Also I know that Alaska isn’t actually a country but you get my drift.... it’s been a long week
Original post by del1rious
Could anyone point me in the direction of a (preferably) free peer reviewed article on the impacts of global warming on a cold country? Such as countries in the arctic tundra, Alaska, Greenland etc...

I appreciate it may be a fairly broad subject area but anything which resembles this would be helpful! I am struggling!

Thanks

The best resource I can recommend is the IPCC's AR5 reports, WG1 for the physical science and WG2 for impacts. These are difficult, fairly impenetrable documents but fortunately, they also produce Summary for Policymakers (SPM) documents which sum up the main findings in a (relatively) comprehensible document. You can find them under the "Summary for Policymakers (SPM)" link on each of those pages.

In terms of journals, I put in a few keywords into Web of Science and these (1, 2, 3) were the first open access papers I've found. They're quite niche and not particularly helpful - what you want are review papers, but they tend not to be open access. Unless this is for an in-depth research project I'd really just focus on the IPCC's resources to be honest, they're excellent.
Reply 3
Original post by Plagioclase
The best resource I can recommend is the IPCC's AR5 reports, WG1 for the physical science and WG2 for impacts. These are difficult, fairly impenetrable documents but fortunately, they also produce Summary for Policymakers (SPM) documents which sum up the main findings in a (relatively) comprehensible document. You can find them under the "Summary for Policymakers (SPM)" link on each of those pages.

In terms of journals, I put in a few keywords into Web of Science and these (1, 2, 3) were the first open access papers I've found. They're quite niche and not particularly helpful - what you want are review papers, but they tend not to be open access. Unless this is for an in-depth research project I'd really just focus on the IPCC's resources to be honest, they're excellent.

Thank you so much that is so helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending