The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Most sociable halls at University of Leeds

My choices are Charles Morris, Central Village, Henry Price and Lyddon - which is the most/least sociable and why?
First - Good luck getting into one of them (They are the most subscribed halls - be prepared to be put in Oxley/Devonshire)
Charles Morris is maybe the most social, second with Lyddon, just because they are big flats, so like 10 people to 1 kitchen, so there's always someone around to talk to
CV is so quiet, despite having a massive building with like 100 flats, people don't really mix
Henry price is probably the same but they have slightly bigger flats so it may be a bit better
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by iElvendork
First - Good luck getting into one of them (They are the most subscribed halls - be prepared to be put in Oxley/Devonshire)
Charles Morris is maybe the most social, second with Lyddon, just because they are big flats, so like 10 people to 1 kitchen, so there's always someone around to talk to
CV is so quiet, despite having a massive building with like 100 flats, people don't really mix
Henry price is probably the same but they have slightly bigger flats so it may be a bit better

Hey, it seems you know stuff about Leeds Accommodation, so I was just wondering about what Oxley and Lupton are like?

Also if you go into smaller residences are you more secluded from this university ''life''?

Thanks (:
Original post by Sid The Kid
Hey, it seems you know stuff about Leeds Accommodation, so I was just wondering about what Oxley and Lupton are like?

Also if you go into smaller residences are you more secluded from this university ''life''?

Thanks (:

Which smaller ones are you referring to?

Oxley is decent, it's modern, flats of 5, ensuite and cheap, but you do need a bus pass or a bike to get to uni (Oxley house isn't the best though)
Lupton is probably considered the "party" accommodation, every I knew who lived there seemed to be out every night but it's sharing a bathroom, also it seems to have been done up since I had friends stay there, so it's probably nicer than I know. But once you'd need a bus pass or a bike for uni
Which smaller ones are you referring to?

Oxley is decent, it's modern, flats of 5, ensuite and cheap, but you do need a bus pass or a bike to get to uni (Oxley house isn't the best though)
Lupton is probably considered the "party" accommodation, every I knew who lived there seemed to be out every night but it's sharing a bathroom, also it seems to have been done up since I had friends stay there, so it's probably nicer than I know. But once you'd need a bus pass or a bike for uni

Oh it doesn't matter about the residences thought they were cheaper than what they are.

I'm looking for the cheapest one but I don't know whether I would be able to share a bathroom or deal with people who party a lot.
So thanks for the info (:
Original post by Sid The Kid
Oh it doesn't matter about the residences thought they were cheaper than what they are.

I'm looking for the cheapest one but I don't know whether I would be able to share a bathroom or deal with people who party a lot.
So thanks for the info (:

Have you looked at IQ? I stayed there my first year, pretty decent, 15 minute walk into uni
It's £116 a week, so £7 more a week than Oxley but exact same facilities, plus that £7 would probably be spent on buses anyway
It's not properly owned by the uni, so you could live with Beckett or Art students but it was pretty quiet when I lived there
Reply 6

Somewhere on TSR or a uni halls review website I read that Charles Morris is full of posh people and not very partyish whilst you and a couple of other places say the opposite and say that it's oversubscribed because it's so sociable and the facilities are good

It's my main choice and i would definitely pick it as long as it's good for the type of people to party and go out
Original post by Mahel
Somewhere on TSR or a uni halls review website I read that Charles Morris is full of posh people and not very partyish whilst you and a couple of other places say the opposite and say that it's oversubscribed because it's so sociable and the facilities are good

It's my main choice and i would definitely pick it as long as it's good for the type of people to party and go out

Yeah it's posh, but it's posh people with money who go out every night
My current flatmate lived in Whetton for the year (older part of Charles Morris), and one night in fresher's she didn't spend a penny, someone bought her ticket, then other people kept getting rounds in, then someone just gave the taxi driver £20 and told him to keep the change
Also just depends on the cohort, I mean the freshers last year on my course were very unsociable but the freshers this year go to every event and want to constantly be out.
It can be hard to judge how social it will be for your year as it changes year on year
Hey guys!! I'm going to be at Uni of Leeds for study abroad next semester and I'm also trying to choose between some accommodations. I'm quite a social person so I would prefer to go to a more social accommodation to get the full experience. Some of my choices are: Central Village, Charles Morris, Cityside, Leodis, Sentinal Towers and the Tannery. I read that CV is not as social compared to Charles Morris, but can anyone tell me a bit more about the other accommodations like Cityside?

Thanks! xx
Cityside is literally right next door to Central village and both are close to city centre, so for convenience, they are great. It also depends on the flat really and how much everyone makes an effort. I've always said when its move in day, leave your front door open while your unpacking. its an open invitation to everyone to come and say hello on day one.

Quick Reply

Latest