The Student Room Group

Is £255 per week for food and accommodation too much?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by fxlloutboyy
in that case I would take the halls self catering - you'll save money and it's better to cook for yourself

It's only £20 less. Can you really get all meals 7 days a week for £20 in central London?
Original post by Germania
It's only £20 less. Can you really get all meals 7 days a week for £20 in central London?

it's a £65 difference between catering and self catering - it's easy to feed one person for around £20/25 a week unless youre eating out or takeaways all the time. food prices don't differ in major supermarkets
Reply 22
it's a £65 difference between catering and self catering - it's easy to feed one person for around £20/25 a week unless youre eating out or takeaways all the time. food prices don't differ in major supermarkets

No it's not it's a £20 difference not sure which accommodation you're looking at but it's not this one
No it's not it's a £20 difference not sure which accommodation you're looking at but it's not this one

I'm just going from the quote saying it's £190 for halls only and £255 catering?
Reply 24
I'm just going from the quote saying it's £190 for halls only and £255 catering?

My error it's £232 for halls only, sorry:smile:
ah okay that makes more sense, then it that sense yeah go for catering - it'll be cooked for you too. however you'll have to see if you get 3 meals a day or 2 because most are 2
Reply 26
This is for UCL halls of residence

It's not at all bad, for London.
The upside here is that it includes the food and you probably won't have to pay all 12 months (I suppose).
Reply 27
Original post by usualsuspects
It's not at all bad, for London.
The upside here is that it includes the food and you probably won't have to pay all 12 months (I suppose).

Yeah it's only 40 weeks. I think this is the best option for convenience. Although, Lillian Penson House is £50 cheaper (catered) but not as 'appointed' or as close to UCL
Reply 28
For 65 pound having all your meals included is worth it.

Completely takes away the hassle of shopping and cooking food.

Worth the extra cost imo
Reply 29
Original post by Yaboi
For 65 pound having all your meals included is worth it.

Completely takes away the hassle of shopping and cooking food.

Worth the extra cost imo

Yeah I think I'll go for this one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending