The Student Room Group

Right wing snowflakes call for Greggs boycott over sausage roll nativity

Scroll to see replies

i would be happy with their japery as long as they also produced a Muslim version for Eid.
Original post by the bear
i would be happy with their japery as long as they also produced a Muslim version for Eid.

There's only two religions now? You don't have an agenda do you?
Original post by the bear

Read my link from a few posts ago.
Original post by IamJacksContempt
There's only two religions now? You don't have an agenda do you?

Christianity & Islam are the two big hitters in this country :h:
Reply 44
I find the photo hilarious kudos to Greggs - it would be funny without the outrage but the outrage makes it that tiny bit funnier.
Original post by IamJacksContempt
Spare me your life story mate.

I would also work on your patter because typing sausage roll in caps is about as funny as cancer.

Life story? Can you even read? Your buttherdness about righty snowflakes came out in your initial post, thus proving your potential lefty snowflakeness, amusing me on my apolitical perch.

Adios.
Original post by Good bloke
You mean a bit like this:

Www.jesusandmo.net/?s=sausage

The difference is that that was probably made by some edgy atheist from a basement rather than a FTSE 250 company
Original post by Snazzyzebra
Life story? Can you even read? Your buttherdness about righty snowflakes came out in your initial post, thus proving your potential lefty snowflakeness, amusing me on my apolitical perch.

Adios.

Weak, so weak.
Original post by Trapz99
The difference is that that was probably made by some edgy atheist from a basement rather than a FTSE 250 company

Must such organisation be humourless namby-pamby puritans? Or might they be allowed to appeal to a different demographic?
i think the issue is double standards. I personally feel that all religions are ideas and all ideas should be free to be criticized or mocked etc. However the issue occurs when its okay to criticize or ridicule one religion but not another etc.
The Holy Savoury?

I bought a sausage roll and a steak bake from Greggs after reading about this.
Original post by Good bloke
Must such organisation be humourless namby-pamby puritans? Or might they be allowed to appeal to a different demographic?

They can if they want but clearly that's going to create bad publicity
Reply 52
Original post by Trapz99

It makes me upset that this breed of diseased idiots are crawling into TSR.

When it became cool to hate on religion, which has given a certain level of order to society, is beyond me.

As some one brought up as a Catholic I really couldn’t give a shiny shite about this
Nice to see Christians still have a backbone (even the plastic ones )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Baby Cheesus and the 3 Pies Men.
All the ad needed was some lego.
The double standards here are quite astounding. If the sausage roll was in place of Muhammad, for example, all hell would break loose. There would be numerous Guardian opinion pieces about how it represents terrible bigotry in our society, Jeremy Corbyn would probably issue a statement, the Twitterverse would go into meltdown, etc.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Iridocyclitis
The double standards here are quite astounding. If the sausage roll was in place of Muhammad, for example, all hell would break loose. There would be numerous Guardian opinion pieces about how it represents terrible bigotry in our society, Jeremy Corbyn would probably issue a statement, the Twitterverse would go into meltdown, etc.

That is true, if it was Allah it would have destroyed Greggs forever.

I personally don’t care either way and think things should be allowed to be satired.

I suppose one difference is British people aren’t very religious and even if they’re born into Christianity and put it down on application forms, they really aren’t Christian. While many immigrants have strong held religious beliefs and satirical representations of their gods would infuriate them.

But still, you shouldn’t make a rule for one and not for another.
Reply 59
While I personally think it's hilarious, we aren't allowed to criticise/parody other religions such as Islam, and so by that basis we should not be allowed to make jokes about Christianity either, until we are allowed to make jokes about all religions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending