The Student Room Group

TSR Pub Quiz 2017 - MATHS TRIVIA (one night only!)

Welcome back to ...

The Procrastinate Inn

This thread is part of the TSR Pub Quiz 2017

The quiz tonight is a Maths Trivia Quiz :woo:

This quiz is all about maths and should be accessible to anyone who has done GCSE maths. If you're looking for some hard calculus questions then this is not the quiz for you - the questions will be more like what you would find in a pub quiz.

Rules:

There will be 10 questions and one bonus question at the end

The first question will be posted at 20:00 tonight and then every 5 minutes after that

The first three people to post the correct answer will get one point. Everyone else who posts an answer within the 5 minutes will get half a point

Cheating is not allowed! I have ways of knowing :wink:

If you are not currently on the tag list but want to get involved tonight then please let me know. Everyone in the tag list will be tagged for the first question. For subsequent questions, only people who have posted in this thread will be tagged.

Good Luck :biggrin:

Countdown until quiz starts:

[countdown]1511380800000[/countdown]

Tags:

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Notnek
I will be hosting a maths trivia quiz here tonight as part of the TSR Pub Quiz. More info to be given later!

TSR Maths Pub Quiz??!

Count me in!!

😊
:woo:

Math is lyfe

:yay:
Original post by Notnek
I will be hosting a maths trivia quiz here tonight as part of the TSR Pub Quiz. More info to be given later!

But it says it's on the 20th of the next month on that link :dontknow:

Or are the dates not supposed be in order..?

Anywho, I won't be around on the 20th next month so I won't be able to take part.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by RDKGames

It will be tonight.

@04MR17 look like there's a typo here.
Original post by Notnek
It will be tonight.

Ah that's alright then, I'll give it a shot :smile:
Original post by RDKGames

Anywho, I won't be around on the 20th next month so I won't be able to take part.

Original post by Notnek
It will be tonight.

Good spots guys.:thumbsup:

Fixed now.:yy:
Original post by Notnek

Are we allowed to post full solutions? :mmm:
Reply 9
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Are we allowed to post full solutions? :mmm:

For one night only, yes :smile:. The number 1 rule for this will be no cheating, which might be harder to enforce so I think I might attempt some @04MR17 sneakiness...
Be sure to tag me when this starts. It'll be a welcome distraction from these notes. :h:
Maths :heart: I'm out tonight though :cry: Unless I decide I'm too ill of course...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Count me in, obviously :awesome:
Countdown! Yes! :biggrin:
Deffo in. Just to ask, are the questions problem and/or calculation based. Also, can you just give the answer and not post the full solution or do you have to post the full solution.
Reply 15
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
Deffo in. Just to ask, are the questions problem and/or calculation based. Also, can you just give the answer and not post the full solution or do you have to post the full solution.

No the questions will be more like pub quiz questions. Only one of the questions will need calculation but only the answer will be required.
Reply 16
Original post by Paracosm
I'm stupid :dunce: so count me out :ashamed2:

:dunce::dunce:

Now you've posted in the thread I'm going to have to tag you in every question. Them's the rules!

... Oh okay for you I'll make an exception :smile:
Yay :party:
I can do maths :yep:
(She says, expecting to get all the questions wrong)
Looking forward to it Notnek :biggrin:
Reply 19
Ah, why not? Not sure if I'll even be around though.

Quick Reply

Latest