The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yudothis
I didn't say I haven't. I said you're trying to silence me by essentially telling me to shut up.

Oh dear they are so not. The IOC will lower the level of testosterone threshold from 10 to 4 nmg/l at some point. The scientists on its commission say 10 is too high.

http://www.wbur.org/commonhealth/2016/08/12/olympics-transgender-athletes

You really love playing the victim card, don’t you? By all means continue to froth at the mouth; literally no one is trying to silence you.

The testosterone threshold limit (between 3-10 nmg/l) is ultimately quite arbitrary as it can’t account for every case, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they were lowered based on better evidence. The rules to allow transwomen to compete in female are there to stay, however.
Reply 81
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
You really love playing the victim card, don’t you? By all means continue to froth at the mouth; literally no one is trying to silence you.

The testosterone threshold limit (between 3-10 nmg/l) is ultimately quite arbitrary as it can’t account for every case, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they were lowered based on better evidence. The rules to allow transwomen to compete in female are there to stay, however.

I am? I'm pointing out the truth.

The people that own the victim card are the "these evil TERFs are so mean some trans kid is gonna commit suicide because of them" TRAs.

At least they wouldn't have an advantage anymore.
I am? I'm pointing out the truth.

The people that own the victim card are the "these evil TERFs are so mean some trans kid is gonna commit suicide because of them" TRAs.

At least they wouldn't have an advantage anymore.

Your bitter, feminazi demeanour and your constant *****ing (oh I’m sorry, “pointing out the truth”) over non-issues suggest the opposite :smile: Fortunately you’re a declining radical group.

I see you’ve changed your tune.
Reply 83
Your bitter, feminazi demeanour and your constant *****ing (oh I’m sorry, “pointing out the truth”) over non-issues suggest the opposite :smile: Fortunately you’re a declining radical group.

I see you’ve changed your tune.

Decline? There's more support than ever, women aren't motivated in the fight against TRAs. What planet are you living on? I guess you haven't actually read the link I sent, you're the epitome of what it's about, dismissing this as a non-issue.

And you start with the name calling how apt. But Nintendo like I haven't already said Thisbe about people like you in the thread. Thanks for proving my point.

And you agree they currently have an advantage with this high theshold :wink:
Decline? There's more support than ever, women aren't motivated in the fight against TRAs. What planet are you living on? I guess you haven't actually read the link I sent, you're the epitome of what it's about, dismissing this as a non-issue.

And you start with the name calling how apt. But Nintendo like I haven't already said Thisbe about people like you in the thread. Thanks for proving my point.

And you agree they currently have an advantage with this high theshold :wink:

Support amongst your fellow TERFs, perhaps. The vast majority of feminist activists are intersectional and thus, supportive of the trans community. But you wouldn’t know that in your little radical Feminazi corners.

Name-calling? Pot. Kettle. Black :lol:

Nope.
Reply 85
Support amongst your fellow TERFs, perhaps. The vast majority of feminist activists are intersectional and thus, supportive of the trans community. But you wouldn’t know that in your little radical Feminazi corners.

Nope.

Outright lying now to not face the truth? Interesting.

Nope.

Radical feminist yet you are pushing the insanity of new Gender politics, seems to me like you are far more radical
Original post by AperfectBalance
Radical feminist yet you are pushing the insanity of new Gender politics, seems to me like you are far more radical

Yeah, I'm so radical in my support for the current consensus and accepted rules and legislation. LOL, why don't you return to your edgy online alt-right corners? Your display of (faux) concern for women by temporarily aligning with TERFs to further your transphobic agenda isn't fooling anyone :smile:
Yeah, I'm so radical in my support for the current consensus and accepted rules and legislation. LOL, why don't you return to your edgy online alt-right corners? Your display of (faux) concern for women by temporarily aligning with TERFs to further your transphobic agenda isn't fooling anyone :smile:

I am not doing this out of concern for women, I just said that they already have disabled toilets to go to that are private, they have no need or right to go into a toilet that does not match their biological sex, I dont even know what a TERF is.
Original post by AperfectBalance
I am not doing this out of concern for women, I just said that they already have disabled toilets to go to that are private, they have no need or right to go into a toilet that does not match their biological sex, I dont even know what a TERF is. You also need to realise that transphobia is not me being against a proven mental illness

Who mentioned toilets? As for the bolded bit, legally, toilets are separated by gender. You do not need to change sex to be recognized as trans under the law. You've probably been in a public toilet with transmen many times and didn't notice. Has it scarred you? No? Then does it matter?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by AlexKis
Society pays too much attention to the gender issues. That is not something that should be a reason to argue and fight. Be clever

Even though she is a female, she does posses unfair advantage over others due to her body type. It is up for debate since no one is criticising her for being transgender but the unfair advantage she has over other female certainly needs to be looked at. In sports, you need to have even playing fields and this is certainly not the case here.
What a moronic response. Please see the history of chromosome testing in the history of sex verification in sports and why it was abandoned in favour of hormone testing. It's intriguing how armchair right-wing transphobes think they are somehow more qualified to decide the appropriate rules than the experts. Your simplistic folk biology simply cannot comprehend the nuances and variations involved. No wonder you're just another, "Nobody knew it could be so complicated" Trumplet.

Nuances? :biggrin:

Please spare me the gender studies

If women want to think they are men and vice versa, that is fine by me. If they want to think they are unicorns or mermaids that is fine by me too.

But thinking you are something doesn't make it so.
Original post by generallee
Nuances? :biggrin:

Please spare me the gender studies boll ocks. You are the one buying into insanity, sunshine. I am the voice of sweet reason.

If women want to think they are men and vice versa, that is fine by me. If they want to think they are unicorns or mermaids that is fine by me too.

But thinking you are something doesn't make it so.

I bet your IQ is YUUUUUUGE. Very bigly. Best IQ.
Reply 93
Like a child :smile:
I bet your IQ is YUUUUUUGE. Very bigly. Best IQ.

Ad hominem.

How about addressing the substantive point, rather than falling into logical fallacies?

If someone thinks they are a unicorn, does that make them a unicorn?
Ad hominem.

How about addressing the substantive point, rather than falling into logical fallacies?

If someone thinks they are a unicorn, does that make them a unicorn?

I would address the point, if you made any.
I would address the point, if you made any.

How about answering my question, then? Which I will repeat.

Does a person thinking they are a unicorn turn them into a unicorn?
How about answering my question, then? Which I will repeat.

Does a person thinking they are a unicorn turn them into a unicorn?

False equivalency and a loaded question. Talk about falling into logical fallacies. I'm not even going to dignify that with an answer. Go read a book.
(edited 6 years ago)
Conservatives issue with gender politics only further shows their pathetic natures.

Any type of political discussion on this website or on the internet as a whole is normally absolute garbage, not actual discussion, just constant name calling and the use of childish buzzwords.

Who cares? Move on.
Reply 99
One last time Dima:

Woman: "an adult human female."

Female: "of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) which can be fertilized by male gametes."

Humans born biologically male, are not women, by definition.

There is no false equivalence, both cases are people believing they are something, which they are not.

Latest

Trending

Trending