The Student Room Group

2018 Veterinary applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emilygraceb2408
Hi, been creeping on this thread for ages but not posted anything yet! I have an interview at Liverpool on Thursday (which is definitely my first choice so I am super nervous!) and still waiting to hear from Edinburgh and Notts. Unfortunately, I was rejected from RVC for not filling in the work experience form. I was devastated as my college told me it would be emailed to me if one was required and all the other units emailed it to me! Did anyone else have the same issue? RVC replied saying that unlike all the others, they don't email out forms so unfortunately I missed out on it. It didn't show up on my UCAS either and all the others did. Personally I feel like this is super unfair because I was given the wrong information by my college (who are absolutely useless, I get no support at all!) and feel like this policy favours candidates who go to better colleges, and have parents who are really supportive with their application (my mum doesn't even know what UCAS is!) IT's so annoying as I liked London a lot and Ive done about 20 weeks of work ex at small animal practices, farms, large animal hospitals, abattoirs, labs etc etc Anyway, enough of a rant just wandered if anyone was in a similar position? Still got an interview for Liverpool so looking forward to that! Has anyone had Liverpool interviews yet, I'm excited!

This is really annoying for you, I'm sorry to hear it!
However, I don't think you can expect the RVC to reconsider you. All of the people they have offered interviews to managed to submit the WE form correctly.
My college is good yet they still tried to tell me the BMAT was still required for RVC! But I checked the requirements for all the schools I've applied to so knew what had to be done for RVC. So I wouldn't say that their process favours people with better colleges and knowledgeable parents because although I am fortunate enough to have both, I still checked all admissions requirements for myself. I think the moral of this story is check EVERYTHING (twice!!) yourself so you definitely don't miss anything.
Good luck with your Liverpool interview
Original post by godhatesyashu
hey guys, so i got rejected from Bristol despite meeting (and exceeding) their academic requirements. This was before i was even sent the work ex form!

do i email them or what??? super sad right now :'(

Hey,

This is what happened to me!! I explained a page or so back.
But if you check the admissions statement they shouldnt do this i dont think so likely to have been an issue in sending the form. Definitely worth contacting them to see

Good luck!
Does anyone know when RVC, Liverpool and Bristol will have sent all of their offers out by?
I've had my Liverpool interview, sent my WEPAPA form to Bristol and my RVC interview is fast approaching so I'm just wondering when I should expect to hear from these places, please?
Thanks!
Original post by funkyfilly27
This is really annoying for you, I'm sorry to hear it!
However, I don't think you can expect the RVC to reconsider you. All of the people they have offered interviews to managed to submit the WE form correctly.
My college is good yet they still tried to tell me the BMAT was still required for RVC! But I checked the requirements for all the schools I've applied to so knew what had to be done for RVC. So I wouldn't say that their process favours people with better colleges and knowledgeable parents because although I am fortunate enough to have both, I still checked all admissions requirements for myself. I think the moral of this story is check EVERYTHING (twice!!) yourself so you definitely don't miss anything.
Good luck with your Liverpool interview

I completely take your point, I think the application process is unnecessarily hard because they don’t notify you of anything anywhere unlike all the others!! But it was my fault at the end of the day, I should have double checked, I’m normally super organised!! Never mind, I live north of Manchester so would rather be a bit closer to home anyway, just hope Liverpool goes well!!
Does anyone know when RVC, Liverpool and Bristol will have sent all of their offers out by?
I've had my Liverpool interview, sent my WEPAPA form to Bristol and my RVC interview is fast approaching so I'm just wondering when I should expect to hear from these places, please?
Thanks!

I know Liverpool give out a few offers straight after interview then hold other places until all the interviews are done? You can hear anytime between now and right before you get your results, which is really frustrating. I guess no news is good news though as they put a lot of places on hold. Don’t know about the others though, sorry! How was the Liverpool interview? I know you can’t say about questions but were they friendly or was it more formal?
I know Liverpool give out a few offers straight after interview then hold other places until all the interviews are done? You can hear anytime between now and right before you get your results, which is really frustrating. I guess no news is good news though as they put a lot of places on hold. Don’t know about the others though, sorry! How was the Liverpool interview? I know you can’t say about questions but were they friendly or was it more formal?

Ok I'll just wait nervously then 😬 I just want an offer on the table so I can buckle down and get this AAA I need haha.
And Liverpool is fine! I was especially nervous in advance because it's my first choice... But none of the interviewers were nasty which was nice. Just be confident and do your best to impress them!

How do you know Liverpool give offers straight after interview? Have some people already received one?
Original post by freyaheath12
Hey,

This is what happened to me!! I explained a page or so back.
But if you check the admissions statement they shouldnt do this i dont think so likely to have been an issue in sending the form. Definitely worth contacting them to see

Good luck!

Hey, that's so cool! Did they resend your form? I emailed them, I'm hoping for the best :smile: thanks for sharing haha, makes me feel better that I'm not the only one since the rejection made me really confused
Original post by Natasha_Faye
How do you know Liverpool give offers straight after interview? Have some people already received one?

I’m not sure, I was told that was the process and some people will get offers within the coming few weeks and the rest will be later. I’m sorry if that’s wrong but that’s what I was told!
Ok I'll just wait nervously then 😬 I just want an offer on the table so I can buckle down and get this AAA I need haha.
And Liverpool is fine! I was especially nervous in advance because it's my first choice... But none of the interviewers were nasty which was nice. Just be confident and do your best to impress them!

Okay thank you!! Doesn’t sound too bad, I’ve been keeping up to date with all the stuff on the BVA for current issues and things like that and can talk about all my placements well, so I should be fine as long as I don’t get any really bizarre questions (which knowing my luck I will!) good luck anyway :smile:
I’m not sure, I was told that was the process and some people will get offers within the coming few weeks and the rest will be later. I’m sorry if that’s wrong but that’s what I was told!

I’m sure you are correct! I’m just anxiously waiting and refreshing my emails like crazy. Good luck with your interview :smile:
Original post by Natasha_Faye
I’m sure you are correct! I’m just anxiously waiting and refreshing my emails like crazy. Good luck with your interview :smile:

I’ve been exactly the same!! Think we are all super stressed out at the moment but I guess we can always reapply in the worst case scenario and this year isn’t our year! Just trying to stay positive :smile:
I just wanted to say that I had the nicest day at my RVC interview. Anyone who has got one coming up shortly - don't fret - just be as calm as you can and most importantly be yourself! :-) I can't say anything about the specific stations but the staff and student ambassadors honestly were the kindest and most helpful people and they calm the nerves of what could have been a much more stressful day. I was also lucky to have the best group of applicants to spend the day with that were so supportive of each other.Best of luck to everyone with an upcoming interview!
Original post by HistoryWhiz6
Anyone for Cambridge? I get the impression more people have applied there this year than normal

I applied but got rejected before interview... not sure what exactly did it but oh well.
I’m from a state school and had no help with the NSAA, I took only 3 AS modules last year (I’m doing all science in year 2 but half of maths in year 1? It’s so weird) and my school didn’t have us nearly prepared for them so I’m having to resist this year and I applied to a smaller college so my chances were already narrow.

As for numbers, I’m not sure!
Original post by dfa1994
I just wanted to say that I had the nicest day at my RVC interview. Anyone who has got one coming up shortly - don't fret - just be as calm as you can and most importantly be yourself! :-) I can't say anything about the specific stations but the staff and student ambassadors honestly were the kindest and most helpful people and they calm the nerves of what could have been a much more stressful day. I was also lucky to have the best group of applicants to spend the day with that were so supportive of each other.Best of luck to everyone with an upcoming interview!

My experience was exactly the same! :smile: Be yourself, ask questions and smile as much as you can!
Original post by vetlauren
Anyone received anything from Nottingham? Also I have my Liverpool interview on Tuesday, anyone else?

Nothing from Nottingham and I’m at Liverpool on Tuesday too!
I know it's quite early but as a mature student I won't be staying in halls if I go uni so would like to understand the different options.
I have an offer from Surrey so far, if I choose Surrey what are the options for renting with other mature students? is there a forum already set up to discuss this or do Surrey uni help facilitate this?
thanks to anyone that can help! xx
Original post by AbbieJade1994
I know it's quite early but as a mature student I won't be staying in halls if I go uni so would like to understand the different options.
I have an offer from Surrey so far, if I choose Surrey what are the options for renting with other mature students? is there a forum already set up to discuss this or do Surrey uni help facilitate this?
thanks to anyone that can help! xx

Hey @AbbieJade1994,

I would double check with our Accommodation team regarding halls, because I know that there are specific flats for postgrad students, so as a mature student perhaps you'd be able to get a room in one of those. If not, we have our own lettings firm (don't worry, it's a free service!) which assists students looking to rent privately. You can find more info about USL here. You'll often see houses for mature students on SpareRoom as well, so it's definitely worth checking there as well. It'll help you get an idea of the rental costs for the type of room you'd like. Anything in the GU2 postcode area should be within easy walking distance to the Vet School (max 20-30 mins walk, and the vet school is also covered by lots of bus routes). The closest estate to the Vet School is Ashdown Road, and areas like Southway and Park Barn are also close by. Park Barn is either a current council estate or former council estate (can't remember which, sorry!), so it's a bit rougher than some other areas, but it still isn't awful in comparison to a lot of council estates I've been to, and rent is cheaper. The Stoughton area of the GU2 postcode is probably a bit far to walk every day, but if you cycle you might want to consider it as well :smile:

Hope this helps!

All the best,
Ashley
Has anyone heard from Liverpool post interview?
Original post by Ciel1889
Hey! I also have an interview at St Catherine's on Wednesday! 😀 So excited but also so nervous 😩 do you mind if I ask what time yours is? 😀

Mine are at 10 and 1030 and I'm so nervous 😬 when are yours?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending