yes, its worth noting I have achieved grades and on gap

Is this for undergrad?
Original post by minsani
Is this for undergrad?

yes, starting sep 2018, was interviewed right at rhe start of december
Original post by Finestinlondon
yes, starting sep 2018, was interviewed right at rhe start of december

Hi,
I have an interview at King's in March. I was wondering if you could shed some light on what type of questions were asked, how the interview was conducted and your overall experience. Also, is there any topics in particular which you would advise me to research. Thanks for your help.
Reply 7
Well done guys. Looking forward to seeing you all next year!
Original post by OmarTawofi
Hi,
I have an interview at King's in March. I was wondering if you could shed some light on what type of questions were asked, how the interview was conducted and your overall experience. Also, is there any topics in particular which you would advise me to research. Thanks for your help.

Well I also have the interview at King's in March to BDS! What day in particular? :smile:
Original post by alexandraxx
Well I also have the interview at King's in March to BDS! What day in particular? :smile:

07/03/18, wbu?
07/03/18, wbu?

me too! :smile: haha can i ask u what hour?
andddd also how do you prepare for such an event? :frown:
me too! :smile: haha can i ask u what hour?
andddd also how do you prepare for such an event? :frown:

Early morning, 9am :s-smilie:, I think I might be the first candidate being interviewed that day. Tbh i'm not too sure myself as to how to prepare haha. I guess it would be a good idea to familiarise ourselves with dentistry in the NHS and current affairs. I doubt they would expect us to have any clinical knowledge in regards to dentistry as we are not yet dental students but it wouldn't hurt to explore some common topics just in case they throw a question at us. Also, I am going to learn the structure of the course inside out and find any selling points, e.g. early contact with patients, which I could use as a reason for me wanting to studying the dentistry course at King's. It's pretty likely that they would ask "why do you want to study at King's" so preparing for that question will benefit us. We'll probably also be asked an ethical question so i'm going to try and read good answers to those questions just to push me in the right direction. Have you got any preparation planned? I'm kinda stuck at this point and would love for you to propose some ideas haha.
Early morning, 9am :s-smilie:, I think I might be the first candidate being interviewed that day. Tbh i'm not too sure myself as to how to prepare haha. I guess it would be a good idea to familiarise ourselves with dentistry in the NHS and current affairs. I doubt they would expect us to have any clinical knowledge in regards to dentistry as we are not yet dental students but it wouldn't hurt to explore some common topics just in case they throw a question at us. Also, I am going to learn the structure of the course inside out and find any selling points, e.g. early contact with patients, which I could use as a reason for me wanting to studying the dentistry course at King's. It's pretty likely that they would ask "why do you want to study at King's" so preparing for that question will benefit us. We'll probably also be asked an ethical question so i'm going to try and read good answers to those questions just to push me in the right direction. Have you got any preparation planned? I'm kinda stuck at this point and would love for you to propose some ideas haha.

well, I think that Kings conducts not normal interviews, but the MMIs? So it means there will be many stations checking our various abilites...that is why i dont really know how to preapre for such a kind of interview and I do not know how it looks like in Kings :frown:
but ypur ideas are probably the only pragmatic things we can do to prepare at least a bit :smile:
well, I think that Kings conducts not normal interviews, but the MMIs? So it means there will be many stations checking our various abilites...that is why i dont really know how to preapre for such a kind of interview and I do not know how it looks like in Kings :frown:
but ypur ideas are probably the only pragmatic things we can do to prepare at least a bit :smile:

Did you also apply to the enhanced support dentistry course at King's?
Did you also apply to the enhanced support dentistry course at King's?

no, I did not, what is it about?
no, I did not, what is it about?

It is another dentistry course that King's offer. It consists of the same pool of students as the normal dentistry course and you end up with the same degree, only you receive more support throughout the course. I think it is only applicable to students who study at non-selective state schools and they offer grade relief (ABB-AAA).
Anybody got 4a*s at gcse and got an offer?
Reply 17
Hey I have a Kings interview coming up, can anybody offer me any help or advice? Thank youuu
Hi! Does anyone know how quickly King's give offers out for dentistry? Is it true that they come out in batches or is it dribdrabs until March? Rejected from all my other places and don't really want to be doing biochemistry (my back up!)
Original post by solipsistic
Hi! Does anyone know how quickly King's give offers out for dentistry? Is it true that they come out in batches or is it dribdrabs until March? Rejected from all my other places and don't really want to be doing biochemistry (my back up!)

Hey chin up and remember every dental school is different as I got rejections from other schools straight away :smile: ! From the looks of the groupchat its a little by little as theres only about a dozen people in there so assuming only half offers have been given out

Latest